Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Wakeup music is not that comfortable (maybe by design?). It starts but as soon as I stop recording the music also stops. Could it be possible to untie the player from the calling program so the song gets played to end at least even if I stop or close SleepAnalyser meanwhile?
Its like that on purpose.
I thought this way I save the user the clicks to stop and close the media player.
Normally the music plays until the end and then the alarm comes

Another point is the usual alarm: it still occurs after the song has played to end. So the music stops and the alarm goes off. Is that by design? I'm not sure yet if I like that behaviour. At least it's a kind of fallback if music alone doesn't make you get up. On the other hand it's quite irritating hearing that disdainful alarm sound after having heard some nice music. Will have to think over it some more
I think its necessary to have an alarm after the music, else you might not wake up
The alarm comes now a little bit earlier, so I hope the music hasn't finished yet. As we have no way of getting status information from media player, its quite hard to adjust this.

To avoid the alarm, just get up and stop recording before the alarm goes off

And a third point concerning the logfile: when viewing the statistics for a recording I find some inconsistencies. The part for alarm events shows the alarm time window and the time the (real) alarm went off as well as the reason. The part for wakeup music instead only shows the date when alarm went off but no time. In fact there should be either the time the music started or the timestamp in alarm part should provide the time the music started, if so. Usually it should only be minimal offsets but thinking of a wakeup song with one hour duration the statistics would be quite unexact.
Thanks, its fixed now.

(btw: what will happen if the end of alarm time window is reached and music still plays? I didn't have that variation yet. Will alarm start immediately or will music first play to end and then alarm starts or will alarm be abandoned?)
Check the new documentation

Regarding the graph and values, I think I now have found some working settings. Will have to look at it for some more nights but given the settings are not changed again I think I got my near-to-perfect settings now

P.S.
The new version has almost no changes, but I updated the whole code documentation.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
The newest version from dev repo does not work. After the welcome screen, it just quits.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Try running from a terminal and you may get the error printed. As it may be long paste here with the code tags available under advanced replies.

I am intrigued to see whether you are getting what I encountered and then had disappear (see above)

Its now working.
I forgot to add the updated file names to the package builder.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Its like that on purpose.
I thought this way I save the user the clicks to stop and close the media player.
Normally the music plays until the end and then the alarm comes
I think its necessary to have an alarm after the music, else you might not wake up
You might be right.

The alarm comes now a little bit earlier, so I hope the music hasn't finished yet. As we have no way of getting status information from media player, its quite hard to adjust this.
What about ffplay, which comes together with ffmpeg? Maybe you could get some more details about current playing from that one.

To avoid the alarm, just get up and stop recording before the alarm goes off
That's too easy! Maybe you could implement some movement-analyzing so I could do some move-left-move-right-bang-your-head to stop the alarm .... of course following the running music

Thanks, its fixed now.
I thank you!

Check the new documentation
I will!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
You are right, it can be confusing. But as I sometimes upload a lot of versions and only would mention the last changes, you would not know what happened until then.
This is just for the experimental versions.
As soon as I move it to the testing repo I will summarize the change log.
OK, it makes sense.

So here are another ideas to see more easily changes brought by each version :
  • you could add to each line the version number the change has been done too (example : " - Added coffee-pot feature (2.2-42) " ).
  • make sure all lines in a changelog entry are sorted (anti-)chronologically, so there is no need to read all the changelog entry.

Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
  • you could add to each line the version number the change has been done too (example : " - Added coffee-pot feature (2.2-42) " ).
That is a great idea!
and more...

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
Please don't do that. It just bloats the log and lengthens the lines which makes them break again.

• make sure all lines in a changelog entry are sorted (anti-)chronologically, so there is no need to read all the changelog entry.
That's one of the basic structure of a changelog.
caco3, why don't you just create a standard logfile with each version's entry containing the difference between that and the precessing version? When moving a new version from devel to testing you could easily summarize all the log entries by deleting the version strings. Right now it's nearly impossible to read the changelog and I just don't rely on that log anymore and only try to find entries in this thread.

Hi all

The latest version includes some bug fixes and minor cosmetic changes.

Also I attached the latest language template file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser.pot 12.02.2011.zip (3.2 KB, 83 views)
and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Hi!

First of all, Thanks for this really nice application!
I have recorded my first night and I read the 'Help' documentation and I saw that, it reads:
(didnt look if the following were reported or not )
If it is [darkgreen pic] darkgreen, you have been in the light sleep phase. [Lightgreen pic] Light green means light sleep and [red pic] red means awake.
I suppose I should lower my 'Y scaling' right? (Feel free to use this picture and csv file in the documentation as an exemple!)
Oh yes, right... Here's the csv file, btw.

Cheers! /Dan.
Attached Images

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.