I was searching tonight on the subject of vnc and found a post by Penguinbait in late Fall where he/you said that x11vnc was imbedded in KDE. So, is it still there in the deb file download version? If so, where can I download the proper version of the rdesktop software I need for my windows XP Laptop so I can view KDE on my laptop? And what is the setup process like? I think this would be great because I could hopefully see KDE much larger and be able to function in it that much more easily. Do I have this right?

Thanks
Neil

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
I was searching tonight on the subject of vnc and found a post by Penguinbait in late Fall where he/you said that x11vnc was imbedded in KDE. So, is it still there in the deb file download version? If so, where can I download the proper version of the rdesktop software I need for my windows XP Laptop so I can view KDE on my laptop? And what is the setup process like? I think this would be great because I could hopefully see KDE much larger and be able to function in it that much more easily. Do I have this right?

Thanks
Neil

If you have the DEB version of KDE VNC server is already running. Point VNC client to tablet and connect, password is rootme.

You can also connect to the tablet via "Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop" and it will use built it client in tablet.

Give it a go!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35