Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
Does this mean in a way that somehow kDE has an integrated 'becomeroot' in it ? It is true I do not have becomeroot installed, so apparently this was why the regular xterm does not work for me and 'rooterm' did. I should probably install becomeroot, eh? Neither program, however would work when I tried your command lines to fix the email. Thanks for the help PB. Much appreciated.

Neil
No, you do not need becomeroot. I am just a creature of habbit

Installing KDE allows user to run any application as root using sudo.

Opening "rooterm" opens a terminal as user root, opening a normal terminal and running "sudo su -" will get you the same thing, you will become user root.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I have been trying to google the following Password issue for quite a while now, so I thought I'd ask you guys this question since I imagine you are way more familiar with KDE than I am. I have also tried reading the on line KDE manual but it gets to this point and then doesn't say anything. What I'm tryig to do is set up the Kwallet for the first time. It appears to me that in order to use the default wallet one needs to open it in order to configure it. The first thing you end up needing is the password for it. So what's the password that KDE software comes with that opens the default Kwallet? I don't see it on the internet. I have tried the root passwords I set up using xterm and they didn't work for me. I guess another possibility is to just create a 'new' wallet and then make that the default wallet. Is that the answer?

Thanks,
Neil

Problem solved. I just created a new 'wallet' and then I was given an opportunity to establish my own password. Doh

Last edited by sungrove; 2008-02-04 at 05:40.

Tags
kde, kde35, passwords