Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Email the CEO of MPD karl.borges@mobilephonesdirect.co.uk - many people as well as me have found this works to kick things.
Thanks, have done that, will see what response I get!

So Ordered from MPD on Monday, arrived about an hour ago. Box was very cold, obviously been sitting in cold van overnight, will wait for a couple of hours for it to aclimatise to warm house before I turn it on, just in case of condensation.

got mine now no problems so far everything working fine
the mobile internet is fast as hell aswell no lagging or waiting at all

Got mine this morning!

Just trying to work out how to use it now

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Everything OK here as well. I have not tried data on 3G as Vodafone account will be activated on Monday and use old simcard which I do not have data allowance. But with wifi usage no problems so far.

One thing that I cannot find is how to display the battery life and sound volume level in terms of percentage as opposed to a bar level in which you cannot see accurately the level. Or perhaps it's an omission?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
i just had a freaky moment!!
turned off the device, and it didn't want to turn back on!!

luckily it only lasted 2 mins, and then it decided it would!! phew!!!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ddracopo View Post
Everything OK here as well. I have not tried data on 3G as Vodafone account will be activated on Monday and use old simcard which I do not have data allowance. But with wifi usage no problems so far.

One thing that I cannot find is how to display the battery life and sound volume level in terms of percentage as opposed to a bar level in which you cannot see accurately the level. Or perhaps it's an omission?
it's an ommision. there is a way in xterm to do it. but i think there is also an app in development. so not to far away.

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Update.

Walked into the Reading shop today. They said they can cancel my online order and supply me with the mother of all phones (N900) immediately, however, as the guy was running my details into the system, he said that the webshop still hasn't updated my credit check, meaning, I'm back to square one; waiting for the bloody webshop to sort it out!!!!

I am totally fed up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered N900: 08/12/2009 22:44:29

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ktm @uk
similar situation here...got my phone on last sat. but returned to exchange on tuesday becoz of charging problem..they told me it'll redelivered next day.. but nothing..called many many times-no answer, emails-no response..
t-mob has already charged me for line rental..
sad; angry; frustrated;

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
So Ordered from MPD on Monday, arrived about an hour ago. Box was very cold, obviously been sitting in cold van overnight, will wait for a couple of hours for it to aclimatise to warm house before I turn it on, just in case of condensation.

wise decision, someone on here put theres in a cat basket to warm theres up............