Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Talisker's is my favorite scotch...
It is indeed a great scotch from my favourite UK island. I love its distinctly strong peat flavour.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It took me a lot of blood, toil, tears, and sweat
...We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: it is to post continuously, by day and by night, with all our cunning and with all the endurance that God can give us; to pass the time while dealing with a monstrous delay, one rarely surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalog of crowdfunded projects. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word -- tablets. Tablets, at all costs. Tablets, in spite of all terror. Tablets, however long and hard the road may be. For without tablets, there is no end to this thread...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-11-11 at 03:27.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
We shall go on to the end. We shall post from Europe, we shall post from the Americas, we shall post with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall demand our tablets, whatever the cost may be. We shall post from our homes, we shall post from our wokplaces, we shall post from the busses and the trains, we shall post from the hills; we shall never surrender.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
We shall go on to the end. We shall post from Europe, we shall post from the Americas, we shall post with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall demand our tablets, whatever the cost may be. We shall post from our homes, we shall post from our wokplaces, we shall post from the busses and the trains, we shall post from the hills; we shall never surrender.
...but not post from our "Tablets" sadly.....

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
...but not post from our "Tablets" sadly.....
I feel I did some Christmas donation, to a group of people who are developing a great mobile OS last year. If they bothered to give back a tablet in return it's great, if not, then no further donations.

No bother any more for me, digging this thread gives more joys than any topics about tablet.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I feel I did some Christmas donation, to a group of people who are developing a great mobile OS last year. If they bothered to give back a tablet in return it's great, if not, then no further donations.

No bother any more for me, digging this thread gives more joys than any topics about tablet.
That's quite a donation. I also did a donation, but in early 2015. I would like something in return, called a Jolla tablet, or my donation back.

Ok, some updated shipping info from Jolla:

https://blog.jolla.com/tablet_schedule_aptoide_store/

Originally Posted by kteak View Post

Well....this is just a 2-week delay announcement for 2nd Wave as well as an indefinite-week delay announcement for the 3rd wave..........nothing new.

Originally Posted by kteak View Post

Couple of weeks... at this point beginning to believe intel can't churn out their low-energy-uber-powered-better-than-arm(tm) chips fast enough, china usually doesn't have problems with producing things, that's their whole motto.

But to get things back on track and avoid derailment:
https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=15/11/09/1625240
When a material, typically a liquid, is confined by surfaces that it doesn't like, the material can be expelled from the confining region in a process called "dewetting."

University of Pennsylvania researchers have now discovered a new facet of this "dewetting" process, showing it is easier to initiate than previously believed. Using computer modeling, they showed how variations in the density of water molecules that are confined between two hydrophobic surfaces, can speed along this process.
Can someone call these guys in Pennsylvania and inform them there is no such thing as surface/touch, it's all electrons with virtual photons, noobz

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
That's quite a donation. I also did a donation, but in early 2015. I would like something in return, called a Jolla tablet, or my donation back.
That's how crowdfunding works. Besides the donation is not that large, I have donated way far bigger sums to Neo900 and Maemo trademark registration

(of which the former is still in the works and the latter was completed. however one might argue that the TM registration did not gain anything physical...)

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund