Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
Video performance still sucks in n9. I tough there will be faster codecs for H.264 in PR 1.2.

My 720p Mp4 movies lags still.
With Mplayer i was able to play 720p MKV movie, that lagged too. almost as much as mp4 movie.

I tough N9 has very powerfull DSP (digital signal prosessor), so I would think it to be able to at least the level of nokia n8.

What you think?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Just with mkv and mp4, you can't say for sure what video codec and profile is used inside. N9 supports h.264 baseband and most of those HD mkv videos are High or Main profile which isn't supported by N9 DSP decoder, this results in lags or playback not supported at all. download those divx/xvid (avi), I assure you that they play perfectly on N9 and takes a lot less space.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by SaQ View Post
I tough N9 has very powerfull DSP (digital signal prosessor), so I would think it to be able to at least the level of nokia n8.

What you think?
N9 has a good GPU, but no additional DSP, whereas N8 has. Have a look at this thread, there are very good contributions on the subject.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
N9 DSP supports up to 480p baseband profile.

High and main profiles are not supported.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
Ok, thanks for you answers.