You don't need to remove and re-add your account.

Just disable your account -> save , and then go back to your account -> enable it back.

Tada, you got your FB notification works again (yeah as pull method)

Tried that umpteen times, doesn't work. At least in the way that it should.

Well, as I'm replying to this, I was trying to see where they mention that there are 'push notifications' for Facebook in PR1.2.

Well, I managed to find not one but TWO threads that were horribly titled here..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82630
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82765

Neither of the titles say Facebook, but mention Twitter (don't have a Twitter account, 'cause I'm not a twit )

Seems that it's not REALLY a push notification as the previous poster said. Lame!

slaapliedje

Just a question: How do I configure such that a sound will be played when a facebook notification comes in? Currently, only the facebook icon on the standby screen is presented.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
You don't need to remove and re-add your account.

Just disable your account -> save , and then go back to your account -> enable it back.

Tada, you got your FB notification works again (yeah as pull method)
hi, if its a pull method then how often does it do it, any idea?.. I have been having issues since N9 only notifies if I manually refresh the notification window. I tried setting the auto feed update interval to every hour but to no avail. thnx...

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

Mine seems to randomly work. And by random, I mean that literally one day I hit 'refresh' on the feed screen, and it'll show I have a facebook notification, then I swipe on it so it brings up the facebook application and.... I don't have a notification..

Then when I get an email saying I have a notification, and I hit 'refresh' it doesn't say I have any notifications waiting, yet when I open up the facebook application, I do have a notification waiting....

Call me crazy, but I think something is not working correctly here...

And I'm using far too many periods in this post....

slaapliedje

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
I reflashed using NSU and cleared the device... twitter notifications still not working. All other notifications (email, gtalk, sms, mms) work. I still get the update in the Feed area just no notification.

Hopefully PR1.3 addresses these bugs.

EDIT: Flashed the RootFS and EMMC on Tuesday and still no dice

Last edited by Nosph3ratu; 2012-03-29 at 11:39.