Notices

Originally Posted by djdas View Post
Definitely NO!
Sygic are the most unprofessional people I've ever known so don't expect anything from them until you'll buy an iP* device or Android phone.
This obviously until those devices will be supported, otherwise you will result in your money dropped in the trash as per your Maemo/Meego version
Well, i don't think that they are unprofessional.... I think that very often commercial choices don't help final users.

Anyway, in the last times it seems that there is a lot of activity in the maemo community and i wish this could be seen by someone that could help us to have some software or map updates.
I'm sure that every one using it would be very happy to pay for any kind of support or update.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Unfair commercial choices ARE unprofessional, they claimed free and lifetime maps updates but as they discontinued the Maemo version of their application they also don't provide maps updates... I paid for both software and maps so I feel robbed by them...
And...NO I won't pay anymore for one of their product nor for any kind of support (if any) they'll provide for Maemo version.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Apologies for my ignorance in this matter but since the Sygic SDK of their GPS navigation product can run on ARM devices, would that be of any use to port it in N900/N9?

"Unfortunately we do not plan to release Sygic GPS navigation for Maemo or Meego. The purpose is small user base. We just ended support of Bada and Symbian from the same reason, therefore we surely start project for Maemo and Meego in near future.

In case of your suggestion about releasing core application I have to disappoint you again. I am sorry, we do not plan to do that. It could be available (if it would at all) only in form of SDK as it is for Windows Mobile 5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5, Pocket PC 2003, Windows CE 4.2, 5.0, 6.0, ARM, x86 and MIPS, Windows XP Embedded, Android, Linux i386. More information available on http://www.sygic.com/en/business:sdk. You may create this request as separate idea on this forum. "

The Following User Says Thank You to jecargo22 For This Useful Post:
Yes, as soon as you pay ANOTHER license to build your own software...
I wish they go bankrupt when people will understand how unserious they are and even in other platforms choose for other products...

Edit: it seems SDK is useful to creat applications for fleet handling based on their maps application not for developing a full maps and driving application...

Last edited by djdas; 2012-03-21 at 17:00.

Originally Posted by djdas View Post
...I wish they go bankrupt when people will understand how unserious they are and even in other platforms choose for other products...
Do you mean Sygic or Nokia?

ATM Sygic :P
I don't have anything wrong with Nokia to be honest, everyone choose for their future thinking to be right, and I think if they did a bad choice they'll understand soon...
I must admit only Nokia (talking about the bigger companies, letting out Openmoko and others) was brave until now to build something unique as N900 so almost for this I appreciate them

I run the other day the Sygic 11 trial version on NITdroid N900, and it was looking good. Obviously, no GPS so no joy other than emulating a route from somewhere in Moscow's suburbs to a nice park in the town centre Let's hope a different story is for NITdroid for the N9 and they can make the GPS to work. At the moment that is the only option I see to get Sygic GPS navigation on N9.
I doubt any more upgrades will come for the Ovi Drive in the future and I can't get to see Navit replacing commercial turn by turn navigation software yet. So...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Just release that beta testing deb .....
I hope you are listening

maybe share the deb on dark side of the web?
mate you°re selfish , aura for maemo is dead because of sygic crew,
the n950°s are selled here without repercursions , and you can°t share a dam deb ,just love the spirit of community
CSSU-T latest version

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
the reason why he doesn't want to share it, is because it has some 'serial' number which is connected to his 'profile'.
So they can find out who the leaker is.

Edit: Im pretty sure that if we can hex edit some files, we can remove those marks though

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia