Active Topics

The 12MP Nokia N8 coming out sometime this Summer will have HDMI out. I'll be getting one for my girlfriend, but I'll definitely be checking out all the new features.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 410 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Fife, Scotland.
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
awesome replies everyone. especially SpeedEvil's

ok it seems rather pointless to add higher resolutions to tvout then unless someone gets the usb host working.

i know some graphiccards can output analog s-video with acceptable quality in 800x600 and even half-usable 1024x768... but i can now see that regular composite video apparantly doesnt cut it.
Ironically, the chip in the n900 can too - it's just only got composite mode enabled - not svideo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpeedEvil For This Useful Post:
Hi guys my name is Ivan and i always used the component cables to hook my n900 to my samsung Series 8000 and the video was not to good and i tried connecting via the usb and no luck the tv didn't detect the phone. . But with the new n900 firmware the tv now plays all my files and the video out-put is amazing! it's no blu-ray but pretty close ! I couldn't belive it when i was watching Kick *** and Ninja Assasins the quality is top notch.

Originally Posted by vegas27 View Post
I couldn't belive it when i was watching Kick *** and Ninja Assasins the quality is top notch.
How is this possible, when both of those movies suck?

Just kidding!!!!

Originally Posted by vegas27 View Post
Hi guys my name is Ivan and i always used the component cables to hook my n900 to my samsung Series 8000 and the video was not to good and i tried connecting via the usb and no luck the tv didn't detect the phone. . But with the new n900 firmware the tv now plays all my files and the video out-put is amazing! it's no blu-ray but pretty close ! I couldn't belive it when i was watching Kick *** and Ninja Assasins the quality is top notch.
you got component cables for n900? and what does the new firmware improved upon?

Originally Posted by dh3x View Post
you got component cables for n900? and what does the new firmware improved upon?
Its still horribly pixelated at times for me, just about VHS quality. Using a LCD flatscreen, I'm sure it looks wonderful on analog TV's

I have an old Samsung TV, manufactured probably in 1993 (it still works flawlessly), and TV output is amazing, I watched The Unstoppable, Jumper and AVATAR, and I bloody enjoyed!

I still wonder how to properly handle a cable when plugging it in N900. Do I have to turn off TV and then plug/unplug the cable. I am doing that because I am afraid if something wrong I do may kill my 3.5 output and I would be reaaaaaly sad Does anyone has any tips related to it. I have a sligh problem, when I plug it, there is no picture, but there is a sound on TV, so I firstly have to change output to NTSC and then picture appears(black white), and then, I change it again to PAL and everything works well.

Last edited by Rhaegar; 2011-06-21 at 09:31.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
I still wonder how to properly handle a cable when plugging it in N900. Do I have to turn off TV and then plug/unplug the cable. I am doing that because I am afraid if something wrong I do may kill my 3.5 output and I would be reaaaaaly sad Does anyone has any tips related to it.
Nope, any distortions is just because of the nature of the plugs.
Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
I have a sligh problem, when I plug it, there is no picture, but there is a sound on TV, so I firstly have to change output to NTSC and then picture appears(black white), and then, I change it again to PAL and everything works well.
No ****. What country did you buy your TV? Some countries use the NTSC color system, and others use the PAL color system.