Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Ohho! Considering I get a partner program discount AND I have a Dell credit account.. this makes me MUCH more likely to seriously consider an N900 now.
Can you give me a discount too? xD

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.
Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?

Last edited by bandora; 2009-11-05 at 20:09.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
If you have dell credit card you can get %3 off.
First you have to slect credit card as the payment method then the site will offer you %3 off if you use your dell preferred accoount. It comes to $500 after this discount.

I ordered one although I did not make my mind for n900 due to
its lack of support for Java.

At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. ....
Well at least my State dont required tax for online purchased ... sorry to hear. You think the Government don't already tax what you already made! ha!

This is what the site says you have to do to get the discount

Discount Details Close

Dell Home Customers: Save $80 off this item!

Expires Saturday, November 07, 2009

Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offer may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary. Offer maybe combined with select other offers. Valid for new U.S. online purchases through the Dell Home Systems Electronics & Accessories site only. Offer does not apply to and is not available with systems or items purchased through the online systems configurator, refurbished items or spare parts. Purchase limit of 10 same items per order, but any applicable discounts apply to only the first 5 same items per order. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

The Following User Says Thank You to kpath For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bandora View Post

Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?
Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.
Totally Agreed !!!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
@danramos.. hehehe.. That sux.. :/

5% off at Dell.com via Bing.com Rebate Instrucions

Works only for Dell Home only, I think, however, better deal at dell business(http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=22) . Might work with Dell business purchase, but doubtful.

1) Go to Bing.com (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side (First screenshot below)
5) Enter in your email at the sign up screen (Will display 5% off message, second screenshot below) for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy. (I make no guarantees)

(you have to have cookies turned on, javascript on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase, takes 60 days to redeem your 5% rebate.)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx
Attached Images

Last edited by ioioio; 2009-11-05 at 20:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioioio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioioio View Post
1) Go to Bing.com (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side
5) Enter in your email for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy.

(you have to have cookies turned on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx
Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/

Last edited by bandora; 2009-11-05 at 20:36.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.
Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard