Look, alerting a dev to an issue he may not know about is one thing. Whining like a 12 year-old is another. I think you're whining. Several members--including me and you and the dev-- have been talking about this issue for the last two pages of the thread--of course the dev knows about it! He talks about fixing the movie clip feature in the next version, and he talks about further improving after that. I have no reason to doubt his resolve and it seems obvious what the plan is.

I can't stop you from whining, but when you're whining about a dev who is doing a good job, then I'll object. Plain. And. Simple.

why whine about it? Is that the sort of community we want? A bunch of whiners?

Look Hacker, I wasn't whining, I was telling the developer in a few short sentences that the stop gap measure isn't of the same standard. If you want to be a sanctimonious fawning puppy dog that is your right but leave me out of it. People like me hope to spur the developer forward but if your type express satisfaction with a stop gap measure what incentive is there to do any more? You are a hindrance to this community of users.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Guys, still the art is popping up in my gallery.
The data is downloaded to the cache folder but those are getting indexed by tracker. clearing cache is solving this of course but would like to know how this art is hidden automatically.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Guys, still the art is popping up in my gallery.
The data is downloaded to the cache folder but those are getting indexed by tracker. clearing cache is solving this of course but would like to know how this art is hidden automatically.
Do one thing take the name of one of those files from gallery and in terminal do a find:
Code:
find /home/user/MyDocs | grep FILE_NAME
You'll find exactly which folder in MyDocs is causing the issue and then you can put a .dot on it...

no result :-)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
no result :-)
And it still appears in gallery? Your tracker is working over-time

Check it system-wide by substituting /home/user/MyDocs with just a / then you'll see where it appears...

well it's showing where i mentioned before...
/home/user/popflix/cache :-)

But cant make that folder hidden, no permission... :-/

Tried to hide that folder from tracker with Tweak P in N9Qtweak app but no luck... :-)

As long as my tracker keeps on working I'm happy :-)

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
well it's showing where i mentioned before...
/home/user/popflix/cache :-)

But cant make that folder hidden, no permission... :-/

Tried to hide that folder from tracker with Tweak P in N9Qtweak app but no luck... :-)

As long as my tracker keeps on working I'm happy :-)
How do you normally make a folder hidden?

I"m using this command to create the folder:
Code:
QDir().mkdir(cache);
Maybe you can delete the cache folder and make a new folder with the same name but with hidden permission?

I could change the folder to be ".cache" instead of "cache" but i'm not sure if that would resolved your issue.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
I'm not sure about N9 but on the N900 Tracker did not show images from hidden folder, so maybe .cache will help.

And I have a question, I'd like to embed videos on my app, is your app opensource? I'd like to see how to do it. Thanks

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
I'm not sure about N9 but on the N900 Tracker did not show images from hidden folder, so maybe .cache will help.

And I have a question, I'd like to embed videos on my app, is your app opensource? I'd like to see how to do it. Thanks
The app is not opensource, but I am using this project to play the videos:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...deoPlayer.html

Send me an IM an I can send you code sample. Or you can look at this project that uses the Video Project:
http://projects.developer.nokia.com/QMLVideoStreamer