Notices

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
for some reason Instinctiv is not showing all of my music. It sees 225 out of 314 songs (all properly ID3 tagged and all located in the same folder on my device). Any idea why this happens?
This happens to me too since first version, so no regresion bugs. Have all Anthrax discography but Instinctiv only shows 2 albums (one of them with only 6 tracks of 14). All tracks are in MP3, tagged with mp3tag. In default media player everything works well, it shows all albums and all tracks. And i cant find any pattern of why this is happening.

Also latest Annihilator album has repeated entries. One with 9 tracks and other with the other one. Again both have same album name, everything seems to be correct. Is there any log file we can send you to debug this?

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
Do your songs not show up in Instinctiv Shuffle, or in the player? If they don't show up anywhere in the player, do you see any pattern? Are the missing files all of the same type (like aac, or wma)? Are they all in the same directory?
Instinctiv shuffle doesn't work for me at all. It just say 'Analyzing come back later' or something to that effect. The songs do not show up in the player. All of my files are MP3 format encoded at 64kbps (space reasons). They are all located in a single folder on the SD card. I haven't looked for patterns yet regarding file names, etc... but I will do so.

Thanks,
-DJ

Added to the list -- we'll have this come out the same time we get gapless playback.
thank you thank you for even having gapless playback prioritized! if we can get this in any player, but especially one as promising as instinctiv, it would solve my key N900 wish.

i too have the issue where only a portion of my music is available in the Shuffle -> Play songs similar to... area. if i go into Library i can see everything in the different views however.

it would be great if when you launch the blog if you could include a brief usage guide for each feature. i think there are a few i've missed despite the simple gui.

i'm really enthusiastic about what you're doing here, can't wait to see the potential for this app reached. please don't let gapless playback fall off the stack! lol

Originally Posted by michou View Post
Hi Peter,

Thanks for such a elegant app, and for keeping us up to date with what is happening with this app.

Would syncing over Wi-fi be possible to implement and something you would consider. I guess this would require pairing with the instinctiv player (which at the moment is only available for Mac OS X).

This feature is apparently available on Zune and Wi-fi Sync was developed for the iPhone/iPod Touch, it never came to the app store but that is only due to Apple.

I don't know if this is outside the scope of the instinctiv app, and might not be very popular unless instictiv player comes to Windows to allow software to pair with.
OTA sync is the next big feature to come out In fact, it's going to be far better than just sync

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
Awesome ! As a matter of interest, does instinctiv use gstreamer?
We're using a combination of pulseaudio and ffmpeg atm.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
OTA sync is the next big feature to come out In fact, it's going to be far better than just sync
hahaha i just love the way every time a really cool feature is suggested the reply is "yes! already on it! but with sprinkles!"

i suggest a finite probability drive where, when entered with the correct co-ordinates, can instantly teleport all of a ladies underwear one foot to the side!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
is the 0.3.14 the latest version available??

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
hey erebo,
the last available version is 0.4.9.

greets

Where can you get the latest version?

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post: