Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
On the other hand the weakness of the script is probably more in the way it creates the alarm rule if one doesn't exist and the way that everything is relying on the string 'Alarm rule'. It seems that the appendRule method doesn't care what ruleid it's fed, it creates a new id for it anyway. That's why the script has to ask for it after creating the rule.
AppendRule returns a string, which is the id that was created for the rule. That's one small simplification you can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I have set up a rule which sets availibility to offline when connected to a mobile network. This seems to work recently only for my XMPP account and the Skype account goes always online when I connect to a mobile network (means the rule does have no affect).

I don't want that my XMPP/Skype accounts sign me in when I connect to 3g, only when I connect to some selected wireless networks...

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
I have set up a rule which sets availibility to offline when connected to a mobile network. This seems to work recently only for my XMPP account and the Skype account goes always online when I connect to a mobile network (means the rule does have no affect).
You said recently, so this used to work? Have you deleted and re-added your Skype account since then? In the Availability action, have you selected the all offline option, or do you have the accounts individually selected to offline?

It never really worked 100%, but recently only skype makes this problem (Have 1 XMPP & 1 Skype account). I set it with the "all offline option".
I have 2 other rules (home/work) which set my status to online and available(home)/busy(work) with the option to restore previous status on rule deactivation. I can imagine that this causes the problem....so the most easiest way to solve it might be a 3rd option for rules with availability changes to say "set offline" on deactivation.

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
It never really worked 100%, but recently only skype makes this problem (Have 1 XMPP & 1 Skype account). I set it with the "all offline option".
I have 2 other rules (home/work) which set my status to online and available(home)/busy(work) with the option to restore previous status on rule deactivation. I can imagine that this causes the problem....so the most easiest way to solve it might be a 3rd option for rules with availability changes to say "set offline" on deactivation.
One possibility is to put into Default rule "all offline", and only put online to the special cases.

But you can also send me the logs when this problem happens and I'll see if anything is visible.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
do someone know what is the command to activate/deactivate "calendar notification" ?

I everyday manually update feeds (stock one) at 6:00 and leave for work at 6:30. It's great if profilematic can auto update feeds for me at 6:00...

Dears,

Sorry if I donot follow the topic well. Can I set time : 18:00-06:00, wlan connection at home and the rest time is mobile connection. and the switch between these time should be automatically in background. Tks!

Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
I everyday manually update feeds (stock one) at 6:00 and leave for work at 6:30. It's great if profilematic can auto update feeds for me at 6:00...
That probably can be done with Custom action and sending a DBus message to com.nokia.home.EventFeed. But I don't know the details.

Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
Sorry if I donot follow the topic well. Can I set time : 18:00-06:00, wlan connection at home and the rest time is mobile connection. and the switch between these time should be automatically in background. Tks!
I'm not sure I understand the question, but yes that kind of conditions can be specified with ProfileMatic.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
That probably can be done with Custom action and sending a DBus message to com.nokia.home.EventFeed. But I don't know the details.
I think it can't be done that way. It sends out a signal refreshRequested, but triggering that signal can't be done with any of its methods.

Everything that puts stuff on the eventfeed should have a dbus service of its own that listens for that signal. For example, the stock twitter client has one and I think a refresh can be done with:

Code:
qdbus com.nokia.twittermeego /twittermeego com.nokia.twittermeego.refreshEventFeed

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post: