Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
you're dead

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaemoJirka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
Maybe the big suprise will be, that Nokia gives the community all closed source parts as open sourced parts.

Then MeeGo will not be dead.

AlphaX2

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Speculation:
1) Browser's toolbar moved to bottom of screen.

(...)
Heh.

Seriously speaking, I'd much prefer if it wasn't always visible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MaemoJirka View Post
you're dead
Old, I am old, but not dead - yet

Enthusiasm is a good thing, but enthusiasm over dead things is, well not very attractive. The N9 stopped selling sometime late January, early February. After that it has been zero, I mean a 4 digit number in the Entire European continent, even with ridiculous price drops. The Lumia 800 is even worse. It started off much cheaper, had loads of PR, sold maybe 1-1.5 million units and now it is complete stop there as well. With the new Sony devices running on dual core U8500 on the shelves (cheap, but very attractive, ultra fast and selling like hot cakes), HTC One X/S (To date maybe the best phones ever to be produced using any standard) and soon a new King, the SGSIII. The Lumia 900 has no chance in hell. It will be DOA literally. The iPhone 5 will come this fall as well.

What has that got to do with Maemo? It's the end of Nokia smartphone business, and the doors will be closed. Maemo/MeeGo doors will go first. I doubt we will even see Pr 1.3.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
PR 1.3 (or 1.4) might be the end of Nokia's support.
But won't be the end of N9.

Just look at the N900's milestones. They never stopped. This little device keeps on impressing us thanks mostly to programmers here at TMO.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Old, I am old, but not dead - yet

Enthusiasm is a good thing, but enthusiasm over dead things is, well not very attractive. The N9 stopped selling sometime late January, early February. After that it has been zero, I mean a 4 digit number in the Entire European continent, even with ridiculous price drops. The Lumia 800 is even worse. It started off much cheaper, had loads of PR, sold maybe 1-1.5 million units and now it is complete stop there as well. With the new Sony devices running on dual core U8500 on the shelves (cheap, but very attractive, ultra fast and selling like hot cakes), HTC One X/S (To date maybe the best phones ever to be produced using any standard) and soon a new King, the SGSIII. The Lumia 900 has no chance in hell. It will be DOA literally. The iPhone 5 will come this fall as well.

What has that got to do with Maemo? It's the end of Nokia smartphone business, and the doors will be closed. Maemo/MeeGo doors will go first. I doubt we will even see Pr 1.3.
You are clearly deluded.... Nokia has been around since the late 1800's, as much as nothing lasts forever, they'll reinvent themselves after this. After 15 years of being the #! mobile phone brand, they're not going to drop off the face of the earth and not produce another phone. That's just silly

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
I'd be happy with some small bug/feature fixes:

1. GMail touch interface in default browser. This would just take a chat with Google Gmail dev team...
2. Easier editing in form input fields including google search box
3. Send as different email address in gmail account
4. Album cover download in music player
5. Better podcast support including searching different feeds
6. Profiles, instead of: Silent, Beep, Ringing. Offline, Silent, Beep, Ring Only (sms silent), Ringing

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
lets hope nokia can survive till 2015, i dont care people gonna say its dead, i like it, use it, proud of it, its dead officially, but here, maemo alive, thats the way of maemo.org , maemo rule!!!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
lets hope nokia can survive till 2015, i dont care people gonna say its dead, i like it, use it, proud of it, its dead officially, but here, maemo alive, thats the way of maemo.org , maemo rule!!!
Long live Meego/Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Here is the pr 1.3 commits
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...commits/master

oh and

HULK SMASH ELOP

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-04-30 at 13:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert