Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I changed up the layer styles a bit, I'm going to make the remaining icon sizes this week.

64 x 64 48 x 48
Attached Images

Last edited by joshua.maverick; 2009-12-10 at 19:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
epage, for me the problem appears to be with voice.google.com/m.
From the main website I can place calls without any issues, but from the mobile version I'm not getting anything (and I noticed that Dialcentral seemed to be using the mobile version). I get the same problem whether using my mobile number or gizmo.
I just tried them back-to-back from then900's browser and verified that (for me at least) the normal gvoice site is fine, mobile isn't.
I found out what setting to change to get the GV mobile site to work again. When you go to their mobile page, then go to settings, then select "My Mobile Number". It wants you to select the number to forward the call there. Once I selected the number to forward my calls to, it started working again.
This has not solved the issues with my DC though. I can't get Dialcentral to dial out and forward call to my phone. SMS is working fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icbolsh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
How do I clear my username and password that DialCentral remembers when it starts up? Thanks

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
How do I clear my username and password that DialCentral remembers when it starts up? Thanks
delete files found in:
/home/user/.dialcentral
only need to remove "settings.ini" & "gv_cookies.txt"
have fun

Last edited by n9ots; 2009-12-14 at 20:18. Reason: added info

The Following User Says Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
can there be a button to hear the voice message in the messages tab?

the voice recognition isn't that great.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
I found out what setting to change to get the GV mobile site to work again. When you go to their mobile page, then go to settings, then select "My Mobile Number". It wants you to select the number to forward the call there. Once I selected the number to forward my calls to, it started working again.
This has not solved the issues with my DC though. I can't get Dialcentral to dial out and forward call to my phone. SMS is working fine.
I think I might have a fix. I should be pushing a bunch of bug fixes for my various apps out tonight. These will at least go to extras-devel. Tomorrow I might make a push to extras-testing.

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
What is it you want? To login as a different user? On the accounts tab there is a button for getting a new login. If you want to clear everything, why? I'm curious if there is an area usability could be improved.

Originally Posted by intofx View Post
can there be a button to hear the voice message in the messages tab?

the voice recognition isn't that great.
See the following bug
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5564

I recently got the backend code to do it (in theory). A lot of it depends on privatization, time, and deciding how to implement the UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I just got the update of Dialcentral on my N900 and it works again!

N900 + DialCentral + [google voice] + [Gizmo5 sipphone] = free calls to any land line across the US using WiFi!

<Edit after valid call by "epage" below : I got the update from extras/development, so don't try it unless you know what you are doing! - Thanks, Epage!>

Last edited by cBeam; 2009-12-15 at 21:57.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
Hmmm...that is still not working for me. I am only successful generating a call through the regular GV site. Changing the callback number in GV mobile didn't work for me.

I'm at the mercy of whatever epage can come up with, and thanks for working on that, epage! Here's hoping it does the trick.

-- Chris

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I just got the update of Dialcentral on my N900 and it works again! Thank you!

N900 + DialCentral + [google voice] + [Gizmo5 sipphone] = free calls to any land line across the US using WiFi!
Are you running from Extras Devel? If so *PEOPLE BE WARNED* Extras Devel is scary. Don't jump in based on this report. I just pushed an update to there and privately asked someone to do some testing for me on it. Once its been validated I will push it to extras-testing and then iof enough QA voting is done, to Extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I enabled devel to get the dialcentral update, when dialing a number I get an error:
Code:
There was a problem with GV: {'data': {'code':20}, 'ok': False}
Hope it helps.