Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Originally Posted by jscribble View Post
Aaaand, now I have.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile
I didn't find any add-on for Facebook except for chat and something about Facebook email links (not even sure what that is).

Anyone know how to change the user agent setting in Firefox Mobile?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by internetpilot View Post
I didn't find any add-on for Facebook except for chat and something about Facebook email links (not even sure what that is).

Anyone know how to change the user agent setting in Firefox Mobile?
Try changing "general.useragent.extra.mobile" in about:config.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
if you try with

about:config

Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
Actually, today I installed the experimental add on called Maemo GeoLocation. It can be found on the web site of the Firefox addons, but not in the addons menu in the actual app. When it is activated, the positioning icon shows up in the status area of the phone. Works fine, so far.
Yeah I know microb can do it since I have it installed. I'm talking about Firefox though. It doesn't seem to..

a) activate the GPS (no icon in the status menu).
b) won't show anything if I'm using TMobile Internet. Firefox seems to base the geolocation completly on where your network thinks you are. I know this because it works when I'm using a Wifi router but not when I'm using TMobile Internet.

The question is where is the problem. Is it on TMobile's end? Firefox's end? My device? So if anyone who has a TMobile data plan in the USA please help me answer my following questions.

1) When you use geolocation extensions or services in Firefox, does the GPS icon pop up? What kind of accuracy does it report (fine, coarse?)
2) What APN are you using? I've tried all the TMobile ones (I'm on the smartphone data plan).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
I love firefox for mobile for one very important reason: It isn't too slow and for the Weave Add-on. Having every thing synced is great! No more typing in passwords. The auto-zoom is great and I like how it automatically starts zoomed out to fit an entire page. It is slow but with the browser switch-board start-ups are faster thanks to a higher priority for memory and Cycles.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
This thread constantly bashes Flash but really unless your running a N900 Then flash we make your browser so slow you cant use it unless you use MicroB. Or some people get it to work in Tear or Midori, but that's not the point. Things like how do you get this to work or that. Stop you freaken arguing about how flash doesn't work. We all no this and we all know there is a way to enable so does work.

What is constructive...

Great Auto-zoom
Auto-fit page
Add-ons
Smooth
Multiple tabs
fairly fast for a mobile browser (compared to other devices Zune HD)
Weave is essential.
How about tweaks!
Or companion apps like a firefox menu
Lets see here. They built the first release for the NITs what did you expect.

So now we can have a decent collaborative discussion.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Some websites load their "mobile version". How do I turn that off?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
Big advantage for me is fennec actually rendering wow armory correctly, while microb gives blank page every time you click a link until you reliad that page. It also renders those pages faster than microb

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
Some websites load their "mobile version". How do I turn that off?

Change your user agent string to a desktop browser's.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yeah I know microb can do it since I have it installed. I'm talking about Firefox though. It doesn't seem to..

a) activate the GPS (no icon in the status menu).
b) won't show anything if I'm using TMobile Internet. Firefox seems to base the geolocation completly on where your network thinks you are. I know this because it works when I'm using a Wifi router but not when I'm using TMobile Internet.

The question is where is the problem. Is it on TMobile's end? Firefox's end? My device? So if anyone who has a TMobile data plan in the USA please help me answer my following questions.

1) When you use geolocation extensions or services in Firefox, does the GPS icon pop up? What kind of accuracy does it report (fine, coarse?)
2) What APN are you using? I've tried all the TMobile ones (I'm on the smartphone data plan).
I think the problem is on Tmobile's end. I am using epc.tmobile.com.

However, sorry, I'm not using Firefox, just happened to see your message while passing thru.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: