Poll: Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.
Poll Options
Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.

Closed Thread
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Isn't the next device maemo based? Hence MeeGo refusing to allow Nokia to give a talk about it in SF.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
poll or petition, it is a good idea to show some interest in the old os.

it seems N900 is getting official MeeGo support so no lack of supported OS for N900 http://myn900.wordpress.com/2011/03/...eted-by-nokia/

But I am thinking what an earth loving act of recycling Nokia would bring to stage with Maemo 5 to be ported to all those lost and discarded precious earth minerals locked into low life cycle toys such as iPhone and Androids

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi

it seems N900 is getting official MeeGo support so no lack of supported OS for N900 http://myn900.wordpress.com/2011/03/...eted-by-nokia/

But I am thinking what an earth loving act of recycling Nokia would bring to stage with Maemo 5 to be ported to all those lost and discarded precious earth minerals locked into low life cycle toys such as iPhone and Androids

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Since when did Nokia started making decisions based on poll on TMO?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
won't happen. some parts of their code could have been licensed under commercial terms so they can't release everything. how do we know??

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i wonder this is how nokia raises its popularity poll.sucks big time ..
nothing is gonna happen ,just thinking what if nokia people find people still buying N900,do they care ?
i dont think i will buy nokia handset next time ..though this community could serve better than ovi store ..no use of such petition ))

isnt that article from before the elopcalysm (or spl?)

priorities probably changed by now.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
What are you planning on doing with this thread when the petition is complete?

It's not like Nokia are suddenly gonna release the source after seeing this...

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Nobody knows better that reverse engineering can land you in court as i have been there and done that in my past history as a development engineer.
Different countries has different laws, and this community do spawn over most of the world. I think that the sony ps3 is a case to look into if someone wants to reverseengineer something in a legally safe manner.
Their threatmails who begins with "according to US law" is a common laughingstock on the net.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

I very much doubt anyone will see Nokia bring out any MeeGo adaption for the N900 and if that single email makes you that sure then i am sorry for you.
The biggest problem with MeeGo to the N900 is a start from scratch situation and i certainly have seen no evidence whatsoever from Nokia that they will release the N900 code to the DE team as yet.

Maemo on the other hand is as people describe it "half baked" but a lot lot further forward than MeeGo currently is.

Nokia have joined forces with Microsoft and have already stated they have dropped MeeGo for WP7 so all we have left is the original os Maemo and as this community is called Maemo.org and initially funded by Nokia then why should it not turn over the source code needed.

I have had many arguments on here with various people and the situation i have always agued about is still current as in we do not have any official support in any way or form from Nokia, too many people live on dreams and wait hopeing something will come right but the truth is in this money orientated world nothing comes for free and if you want or need a situation to happen you got to do something to make it so.

Regardless of any arguments i may have had with any member of this community this is about YOUR device and nothing to do with me personally.

IF the poll is strong enough then i will be asking Reggie for his assistance to get the results of this poll to Nokia direct.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ARGUMENTATIVE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD DIRECTED AT ME AS THEY WILL BE REPORTED.

This Poll and thread is for every N900 owner or future owner and nothing to do with me at all so please keep me out of this in your comments ok.

I am sure everyone who chooses NO to the poll has a reason to do so and it would be very good to know that reason so if you propose a NO then please post your comments as to why you chose this.

Closed Thread

Tags
current, daddys ketchup, flog dead horse, give him, just shoot me, must not say no, no argue ok, play nice, situation, yes or highway