Active Topics

Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
i don't know are there any differences between colour variants but i have some files. take a look here if it's urgent. check the folders. you can find 009 main and north eu mmc. i'm not sure, but i guess the norwegian variant use the same mmc. and please check the files before you use.

Perfect. Exact, what i need.

Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
btw are there any working Sailfish port exist for N9?
Somebody managed to install modified Nokia N950 Sailfish Port on N9. But, what i read about it is: Slow and unstable.... :-(
Or maybe something changed in the last year, and there is a better one port?

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
btw are there any working Sailfish port exist for N9?
http://www.jollausers.com/2013/12/sa...mini-tutorial/

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
D4A3D2AC_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M1-958_ARM.bin

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Hello guys. Need to reflash my Nokia N9 16GB Cyan. Product Code: 059K755. Can't flash 001-Firmware, bacause it is North-Europe (Norway?) Model 009.
Any idea where to get the flash file:

D4A3D2AC_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

?

Thanks
I didn't get a chance to look last night. Are you sorted now anyhow?

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielharrison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Somebody managed to install modified Nokia N950 Sailfish Port on N9. But, what i read about it is: Slow and unstable.... :-(
Or maybe something changed in the last year, and there is a better one port?
since my N9 is partially dead i try to figure out what should i do now. i'm not an Android fan. i really hate the whole platform for several reasons. buy a 4-8 cores device what slows down after a half year and only hard reset can fix it. tons of branded stuff, tons of adds. the whole era makes me angry. WP is another piece of crap. it's like an undead restricted Nokia and only the Nokia parts (like the camera) make sense. iOS...i hate all closed source commercial expensive crap.

i'm hesitate between a new N9 or a Jolla.
N9 pros: linux; still a good hardware which runs smoothly under the software; cool camera; nice UI; debian-like subsystem; one of the best offline maps; perfect (physical) size; and yes it's UNLIKE (for me)
N9 cons: no one cares about harmattan sadly; outdated maps and common apps

Jolla pros: linux; smooth software; not a bad UI; well optimised (as i heard); up to date
Jolla cons: still expensive; poor camera quality (as i heard); poor loco support; they planning to release a new phone but no details about when and what kind of hardware it will be, cause they are "transparent" (bullsh1t-.-) and no way to decide which device will worth the price; they ship retail package with white back cover, no way to choose...

while i make my decision i would like to test the OSs on N9. there are some Sailfish ports out there but i don't know too much about them. check the comment section here. and i also red a comment from locusf, but no one talking about details or results. maybe Nemo is an option too but not for me. and i still not found any fresh stable ports. i also hate the UI. it's not my taste. i'm a Harmattan fanboy. but if you found something interesting let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
N9 pros: linux; still a good hardware which runs smoothly under the software; cool camera; nice UI; debian-like subsystem; one of the best offline maps; perfect (physical) size; and yes it's UNLIKE (for me)
N9 cons: no one cares about harmattan sadly; outdated maps and common apps
Outdated offline maps beat the most up-to-date online-only solution any time, if you ask me. YMMV.

And Jolla? Yes, their bullsh1t is transparent

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Melbourne Australia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Outdated offline maps beat the most up-to-date online-only solution any time, if you ask me. YMMV.

And Jolla? Yes, their bullsh1t is transparent
I loved Nokia maps but I live in Melbourne & the bike path data was never added, or at least I never found a way to add it. My daughter gave me an iphone 4s which works great as a navigation aid with Google turn by turn navigation but is a pain in the arse in just about every other way

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by ibbeebee View Post
I loved Nokia maps but I live in Melbourne & the bike path data was never added, or at least I never found a way to add it. My daughter gave me an iphone 4s which works great as a navigation aid with Google turn by turn navigation but is a pain in the arse in just about every other way
exactly. the outdated nokia maps still rules after many years...

Btw. Not really outdated (by far)
got an update less than a year ago (march 2015)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9