@Daperl

My point was that out of the remaining choices WP or Android.

Android is by far the lesser of two evils.

So those Customers that chose Android suffered less.

:-)

rgds

ps. The assumption there is of course anyone coming from a Symbian or Maemo/Meego background wouldn't look twice at Apple/iOS.

:-)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I'm not really sure what your point is, but I switched to Android and I'm suffering for it.
+1,000,000... The nonsense I have to waste my time on Android really is painful despite it being my daily device for a long time now...

P.S. Before Lumiaman or other fanatics enter, NO other OS out there would make my suffering lesser except for maybe Sailfish so don't even think about asking me to try iOS, WP etc when I have all those devices lying around my house collecting dust

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-11-25 at 17:50.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
(ref #2299) Originally Posted by uTMY "Because it is demeaning and derogatory towards Customers."

I am not sure what else you are expecting me to add to each of these?
I'm not expecting anything more.

Demeaning and derogatory carry a very negative connotation and a rather damaging denotation. The level of disregard that those two terms carry for the consumer in your usage shows a level of disdain that's against the consumer in a rather offensive manner.

You follow? Regardless, there's no lack of points made.

Your take of "idiot proof" and my take are vastly different. Where we also differ, our thoughts of how open source affects the layman. We've both benefitted directly whereas the layman has benefited indirectly (web, mobile, embedded systems) but they're none the wise about open source in their daily operations.

To continue that discussion with our different vantage points would be just a waste of time. I just think the discussion was invariably going to be circular and I just don't have the time to waste (yours or mine).

Done (:Q!)

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
+1,000,000... The nonsense I have to waste my time on Android really is painful despite it being my daily device for a long time now...

P.S. Before Lumiaman or other fanatics enter, NO other OS out there would make my suffering lesser except for maybe Sailfish so don't even think about asking me to try iOS, WP etc when I have all those devices lying around my house collecting dust

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post

What kind of suffering are we talking about? Did you acquire phone transmitted diseases?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Did you acquire phone transmitted diseases?
iPox

10 chars

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
iPox

10 chars
I hear that jPOX is even worse

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I hear that jPOX is even worse
For idiots it's "terminal," so consider yourself warned.

That is why I wear iphone, no risk for ipox, jpox and tpox

this... made me lol.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha