Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, this is one of the reasons I hate GUI tools like this.
For a CLI tool one can give exact information how to use, a string of characters to use on a terminal.
For a GUI tool one can only give vague advice on what should be done and clicked...

For example, how to "flashtool will bundle them" for example; when I push the "flash" button and navigate to a directory where I have a *.ftf file, it will open a tree view of the SW and allow me to start flashing.
If I navigate to the directory where I have this bundle of *sin's I got no such thing and the "flash" button stays grayed out.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people would want to create utilities like these when it is bloody obvious a CLI tool would be much easier???

OK, I'll try to download that.
hehe yeah, Iam CLI guy also

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
For Android 6.0.1, you can download 'storefront' version from Xperifirm (version 34.0.A.1.264)
Yes, or this detailed German guide suggests the "Internal – Commerial and Journalists" version. Probably doesn't make much difference either way.

If you ever think that you might want to go back to stock Android, make a note of the current customisation in the phone's service menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Up to now none of the things suggested here have worked for me

So as I said earlier...
I am beginnig to think downgrading is impossible for me... probably I am going to just unlock the bootloader and care f**ck about the TA backup thingy
As I think most probably am not going to need any of this DRM BS in any case... I was kind of thinking maybe it could be useful in SFOS at some later time too but if so, then I'll just have to learn to live without it.

In any case I was not doing this to be able to restore the "full original stock android" to the device anyway, am not interested about that and I am not afraid of (a-)voiding any warranty issues anyway...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Up to now none of the things suggested here have worked for me

So as I said earlier...

As I think most probably am not going to need any of this DRM BS in any case... I was kind of thinking maybe it could be useful in SFOS at some later time too but if so, then I'll just have to learn to live without it.
I had a couple of sessions of trying to make this (DRM backup) happen. All the documentation seemed to be poor, and full of links to even worse documentation. I was frustrated looking at programs whose purpose wasn't clearly stated, and instructions which say 'do xyz' but don't state what the purpose is, or what the expected result is.

Frustrating - I gave up and just unlocked without backing up DRM.

That said, even Sony seem to have it cockeyed - the instructions for how to use the unlock code were only visible before I got the code, I had to go back and request the code again to find the instructions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
I downloaded the MM image from xperia forum, opened it with flashtool and that's it. No need to make it more complicated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Get it from here: http://www.xperiablog.net/forum/reso...s/xperia-x.99/

After that set usb debugging and accept software from usb in Android settings. Then check from your PC that "adb devices" works and execute DRM backup to save your keys.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
I downloaded the MM image from xperia forum, opened it with flashtool and that's it. No need to make it more complicated.
None of the images I have downloaded and tried work for me, flashing always fails with missing flashscript.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
None of the images I have downloaded and tried work for me, flashing always fails with missing flashscript.
I'm uploading an image I've used for my X. Finally working.
Make sure to have fastboot recognized.

I will post the link once it is done 16mns roughly

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
I'm uploading an image I've used for my X. Finally working.
Make sure to have fastboot recognized.

I will post the link once it is done 16mns roughly
Thanks!
However I'm a bit doubtful about the fastboot bit, doesn't that require the device to be unlocked?
I have used "Flash Mode" previously as instructed, holding <vol-> down while plugging in USB...

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Thanks!
However I'm a bit doubtful about the fastboot bit, doesn't that require the device to be unlocked?
I have used "Flash Mode" previously as instructed, holding <vol-> down while plugging in USB...
In this case, it is fine.

Here it is :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...HE1Y0VkY0JEVlE

Let me know how it will work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓