Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
Version 0.7.5 is now in extras-devel.. Changes are in the first post... More will come when i have some free time. I actually spent more time making auto builder compile than coding which is sad.. :/

I hope it will be useful, thank you all.

TRX.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Absolutely wonderful, thanks a lot! Updating now, and I'm going to use it as main editor on device, at last. Will come here with reports about any bugs found (or congratulation on lack of them).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Seems that something went wrong with autobuilder, after all:

This happen on every attempt to run txpad. When started from terminal, output looks like this:

Code:
~ $ txpad
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred 
  Sender=EReadError
  Exception=Error reading SynHTMLSyn1.CDATAAttri.FrameEdges: Unknown property: "CDATAAttri"
  Stack trace:
  $0008DE30
  $0008CD3C
  $000867F4
  $0008CE14
  $000867F4
  $0008EC48
  $00108958
  $00108764
  $001072E4
  $00043E98
  $0004703C
  $00051054
  $0001DB38
  $404D3974
TApplication.HandleException Error reading SynHTMLSyn1.CDATAAttri.FrameEdges: Unknown property: "CDATAAttri"
  Stack trace:
  $0008DE30
  $0008CD3C
  $000867F4
  $0008CE14
  $000867F4
  $0008EC48
  $00108958
  $00108764
  $001072E4
  $00043E98
  $0004703C
  $00051054
  $0001DB38
  $404D3974
As for GUI window with choice presented, no matter of confirming or cancelling, txpad get killed.

Hope it helps in debugging - keeping my thumbs for txpad!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Same prob as Estel with new version.

BTW. Is there a reason for txpad not being optified? I moved it to /opt/bin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
TxPad version 0.7.6 is now in extras-devel, changes are in the first post..

Thank you all for the feedback,

TRX.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Sorry, but I have to report:
Code:
~ $ /opt/txpad/txpad
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred 
  Sender=EReadError
  Exception=Error reading ShellListView1.Root: [TCustomForm.SetFocus] MainForm:TMainForm Can not focus
  Stack trace:
  $0008FAA0
  $0008E9AC
  $00088090
  $0008E5D8
  $0008EA84
  $00088090
  $000908B8
  $0012190C
  $001216F0
  $00120208
  $00043EF0
  $00047080
  $00051134
  $0001DB88
  $404D3974
TApplication.HandleException Error reading ShellListView1.Root: [TCustomForm.SetFocus] MainForm:TMainForm Can not focus
  Stack trace:
  $0008FAA0
  $0008E9AC
  $00088090
  $0008E5D8
  $0008EA84
  $00088090
  $000908B8
  $0012190C
  $001216F0
  $00120208
  $00043EF0
  $00047080
  $00051134
  $0001DB88
  $404D3974
Oh and btw the symlink for /usr/bin is missing (not a big deal, but ...)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Well, I've just written ultra long and detailed post with reports and ideas, and of course, it got annihilated by f*ckin network error, so rewrite is going to be very "terse and cold", sorry

Issues:

1. One reported by peterleinchen, but in my case, it happens randomly, once per few startups (only on startup):

2. Font size is correctly saved between restarts (thanks!), but font type isn't (it goes back to default DejaVu Sans Mono on every start of txpad).

3. While using volume rockers for switching tabs or font size works, it need some love. First, this setting is saved correctly on program restart, if set to "change font size". Hoever, if one set volume rockers to browse through tabs, it goes back to default "do nothing" upon next start of txpad

Second, if one uses volume keys quickly (for example, to browse fort and back between tabs at fast pace, or to change font size the same way), one of volume rockers stop responding. As a result, it is only possible to do either "next tab"/"bigger font" or "previous tab"/"smaller font". Changing volume rockers function doesn't help (one key is still "stuck") - only restarting txpad solves the problem.

Just for the records - I'm 100% sure that it is *not* hardware problem. It happens only with txpad, and is 100% reproducible.

4. "ctrl + n" is listed as shortcut for "new file", but all it does, is opening new *line* in current file.

5. "ctrl + space" works correctly for fullscreen'ing txpad, but at the same, it invokes Maemo's function of changing input language. As a result, both things are called at once, i.e. txpad goes fullscreen, but input language is changed (shortcut conflicts with vanilla Maemo's one).

Suggestions:

1. As said by peterleinchen, there is no symlink from /usr/bin/txpad to it's optified location. While it's easily fixable on every user's device side, it would be good to add this symlink into vanilla txpad, for example, via postinst asript (and removing it during uninstall, via post/pre uninstall script). It allows to invoke txpad from command line, by just writing "txpad", instead of full path.

2. How often it's polling proximity sensor? Could you make this interval configurable (for saving battery life, or better responsiveness), or even better, use package proximityd? It's exactly what you need, i.e. daemon, that reads proximity sensor state on set interval, and outputs info for listening programs.

This way, when one have few programs using proximity installed and in use (for example, shortcutd, timenow, and txpad), instead of polling proximity sensor 3x more than needed, only daemon does it, and all programs receive required data, at the same time.

It's worth to mention, that this way, active txpad wouldn't conflict with mentioned programs.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-09 at 14:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for taking the time to test all that!
What would you suggest the combination should be for fullscreen toggle?

On the subject of the proximity sensor, i have already planned to base it on signals from proximityd (thats why txpad depends on proximityd, for now it only asks proximityd the state), but i postponed it until i have dbus headers translated.. This is a priority task for the next version, atm i would like to fix these annoying bugs!

About the start up error, its related to config file, if you cant open TxPad at all, rm -f /home/user/.config/TxPad/txpad.conf and try again. There is also a new bug now in open/save, you can't access the whole file system now, which i am fixing atm..

Seems that the faster i want things to get done, the slower they do

TRX.

Last edited by trx; 2012-10-09 at 14:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to test all that!
What would you suggest the combination should be for fullscreen toggle?
It's my pleasure, the more you write, the more happy I am to test

I think that ctrl + return isn't doing anything, is it? Just remember about Maemo's way of using it (it's kp_return, not enter).

On the subject of the proximity sensor, i have already planned to base it on signals from proximityd (thats why txpad depends on proximityd, for now it only asks proximityd the state), but i postponed it until i have dbus headers translated.. This is a priority task for the next version, atm i would like to fix these annoying bugs!
Ough, my bad for not checking it thoroughly. Of course, fixing those bugs is a top priority

About the start up error, its related to config file, if you cant open TxPad at all, rm -f /home/user/.config/TxPad/txpad.conf and try again. There is also a new bug now in open/save, you can't access the whole file system now, which i am fixing atm..
So, if I experience them once for a while, should I delete config and set it up for scratch, or there is a chance that errors will "return" anyway, so it's better to wait for next bugfix version?

Seems that the faster i want things to get done, the slower they do

TRX.
No worries, from experience, no matter how hard you try, no chance to avoid such bugs appearing - it's just a meter of project progressing

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It's my pleasure, the more you write, the more happy I am to test

I think that ctrl + return isn't doing anything, is it? Just remember about Maemo's way of using it (it's kp_return, not enter).

/Estel
Wasn't that changed to enter in one of the CSSU releases? Or was it changed back to kp_return again? I vaguely remember something like that...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:

Tags
txpad