Originally Posted by pali View Post
Packages was updated. Here is full changelog:

kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power52) fremantle; urgency=low

* Backport upstream patch: udf-use-hw-sector-size.diff (This fix UDF FS support on SD cards and USB disks)
* Update bq2415x_charger patch: (use kstrtol, use dev_dbg, call sysfs_notify, rename N900 charger to bq24150a, fix reporting bad values, disable charging when charger disconnected, report errors)
* Added patch kstrtol.diff which define macro kstrtol as strict_strtol
* Update into about kernel-power-bootimg package
* Package kernel-power-bootimg does not provide any features
* Enable more netfilter and ipv6 modules
* Added driver rx51_battery which export battery temperature, design capacity and voltage to sysfs, provides: kernel-feature-rx51-battery
* Added patch tif_restore_sigmask-syscalls-arm.patch which fix pselect bug, added provides: kernel-feature-sigmask
* Enable bridge module, provides kernel-feature-bridge
* bq27x00_battery: Do not report nominal available capaciy if battery is not calibrated
* Add sysfs entry hostdevice2 which show host device speed detected by musb_virthub.c

-- Pali Rohár <hidden> Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:30:35 +0100

If there will be no problem, I will push this version to Extras.
pali can i have your permission to upload those on my server?
it's faster

linux kernel is under GPLv2 license, so you can redistribute it under GPLv2 without any problem.

But I do not understand what is faster and why you want to do... You can only disorient users which tryting to find *last* kp52.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hi, I have a problem I can not install kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-10power52_armel.deb because it gives me message "You can not install kernel power modules incompatible application package"

What's going on?

What is that *it*?

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Kernel-power-bootimage v52 is wrongly packed:
it doesn't provide item file for multiboot
it puts image on opt and symlinks (opt is inaccessible on boot)

cssu-thumb users may be supprised if updating to kp52 (kp51 gone kp52 not bootable and failsafe maemo kernel doesn't have thumb support)

Can't confirm. On my device with thumb *and" multiboot, update from kp51r1 went smoothly, image was where it should etc. Can't remember about item file, as I do them by hand, anyway.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

And where can I download the kernel power v.51?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
Kernel-power-bootimage v52 is wrongly packed:
it doesn't provide item file for multiboot
it puts image on opt and symlinks (opt is inaccessible on boot)

cssu-thumb users may be supprised if updating to kp52 (kp51 gone kp52 not bootable and failsafe maemo kernel doesn't have thumb support)
Also same problem for me. After installing kp52 there is no option in multiboot for booting kernel power 52. Only old kp51 option which gives guru mediation error.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Sorry if this was discussed, but after I just installed kernel-power v51, I noticed the phone doesn't react on keys or incoming calls/SMS if the processor is fully used by some process (I tried "tar -cvf /home/user/MyDocs/mmc1.tar /media/mmc1/", /media/mmc1 is a 32Gb ext2 partition, if that matters). Just after finishing creating the archive the phone unfreezed and received the SMS, which was sent during archiving. The stock kernel was more desktop friendly (kernel timer frequency too low?).

Edit: overall usability performance seems to be slower... No?

Last edited by dvb; 2013-03-11 at 10:51.

I'm not entirely sure what do you mean by creating tar of microSD content (32GB, as you've said) and where you expect to save such big file (because it is what that command you've mentioned mean).

Nevertheless, problems like this seem to be related to swap problems - try using swap on microSD *only* and search for optimizations related to way swap is used (posted somewhere in easy debian, for example).
---

Otherwise, kernel on it's own doesn't change your frequencies, especially into lower ranges

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power