Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Something unexpected happened to me today. The Pro1 haddied in my pocket. It had at least 50% of battery remaining, and everything had performed normally before. But then I just found it powered off, and at first it looked like it won't wake up. I pressed power button several times, no response. Then I tried pressing vol up/down (don't remembr which one) and power button simultaneously. Then it finally woke up and gave me some "no command" text with android logo robot having it's stomach opened. It got stuck there, but by pressing only power button for 5s or so, it finally booted to OS. Now it works like charm again, no idea what that was.
Sounds like you booted into recovery or something. I'm guessing it powered off randomly, and to boot it you need to hold the power button for some time which I'm also guessing you didn't do or didn't do long enough.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
ELI5 - explain like i'm 5 (years old)

I've been watching for over 10 years as people try to load various operating systems on different mobile devices. A common theme has become the table that lists which bits of the device are working, partially working, or not working.

I understand this is mostly because hardware components have closed-source drivers, right? Why is this such a large barrier? The lack of documentation on how to interface the binary blob? (assuming a similar kernel)
Yes, the largest (and really the only) problem is that there is no documentation available so people need to try to reverse-engineer the workings of the ABI which is really painful and slow.

This is something which I am always wondering; why so much obscurance since I'd imagine it is in the intrests of chip manufacturers to get as amy users as possible for their products. Opening up the specs and interfaces would increase chances for people to buy the gear, right?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
[ ] I still haven't received my device, the large batch must have been only/mostly QWERTY versions of the phone...
FYI
Same over here : phone didn't make the Chinese new year cut. Ordered an QWERTY though.

Originally Posted by xelo View Post
Today I received my shipping confirmation. [ ]
For reference: I placed my order in July 19 [ ]
Placed order on August 8th.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
On Sailfish all is working great with the stock jolla app as well as with Adams Advanced Camera.
When you say all is working great in Sailfish, are you including the half-press to focus? This does not seem to work on my Pro1 (worked fine in Android so I don't believe it's a hardware problem).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
@xelo

I asked around on discord how to reliably test the 1st stage with clear result to rule out HW fault.
@Noir suggested to install Open Camera and

"open options and select that lock (screenshot attached),
autofocus is disabled then.
1st stage keypress is then perfectly useable to focus"

(...)
Thank you for asking around. Open Camera is installed on my unit, and I locked the autofocus with the lock icon. When I press the shutter button gently nothings happens. If I long-press the button, the snapdragon app opens.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Sorry to read.
Thats a dilemma...
I imagine you are not eager to send it in for repair since it is still an otherwise working Pro¹.

Chen has guided at least two users of whom i know into fixing issues by themselves successfully.
The Maintenance Manual is available since those live community repairs.

You already have contacted F(x) support?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
(...)
I imagine you are not eager to send it in for repair since it is still an otherwise working Pro¹.(...)
If this is the only defect, most likely not. Unless FXtec asks for it. Maybe the want to bisect it to see whats the error.

The Maintenance Manual is available since those live community repairs.

You already have contacted F(x) support?
I already contacted support (about this and other things) and, so far, it has always been a positive experience. Answers take some time, but the response is qualified and the team appreciates feedback.

The autofocus itself works when tipping the screen and the two stage button is not important for me. It's a nice feature I would miss.
Most important is e-mailing, second telephony.

I'd appreciate it, if one could remap the button to other camera apps, without installing keyremapping software first. Maybe that's possible but I didn't figure it out yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xelo View Post
Today I received my shipping confirmation. [ ]
For reference: I placed my order in July 19 [ ]
Originally Posted by AardDevil View Post
June 13th. here....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
For all clarity, with
Originally Posted by AardDevil View Post
I meant making the bank transfer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
@AardDevil, ah yes, didn't think of that, and I actually had an impression that I paid in June, but I checked my history and I paid August 6th. But anyways I'll refrain from making mopey posts from now on and just wait 'til I see the phone in my hands (PS: I'm feeling it cannot be that long anymore)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit