Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Ah, the salad days of my youth where I was one of the people hunting down BT and wi-fi users in bizarre places like Bosnia, Kosovo, Middle East, etc.
There ARE approved BT devices though it's only one I know of: the encrypted-BT-connection CAC sled for Blackberry phones.

The bluetooth-on app released in here does install on my N800/OS2008 but doesn't seem to work. I turn bluetooth off, the icon disappears (damn you Nokia!), then I run the app and....nothing. Icon is still gone.
ya i know, it requires hciconfig to be installed. I can probably write a C code which doesnt use hciconfig, but i will need someone who can compile it. i cannot setup a scratchbox with sdk on my crappy old winxxx laptop from office whose fan's gone kaput. If someone can help me compile & create a deb, then i can release switchOnBT for OS2008

The Following User Says Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post:
switchOnBT-1.0.1-chinook-src.zip uploaded to https://garage.maemo.org/projects/switchonbt/

Sorry, No deb yet, until i can find a pc...

I have converted the program and wrote it in C and compiled it in N800 OS2008.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=487
Edit:FYI switchOnBT-1.0.1-chinook.deb uploaded.

Last edited by vabgeo; 2007-11-17 at 05:55.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by vabgeo View Post
Done..

I have created a shell script to launch 'sudo hciconfig hci0 up'. This will installed in the menu, and so can be launched with 2 clicks!

I have uploaded the deb file in switchOnBT Home Page

switchOnBT 1.0
A simple script to start bluetooth.
It will add a line to /etc/sudoers
user ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up'
Hello
Can I install this app on n900 ? If yes, how ?

I have not checked in maemo 5 yet. also instead of hciconfig, switchonbt now uses dbus.
I will check with scratchbox and update to you. You will need to be my beta tester. I will get my friends n900 for a couple of weeks, so i wil check that in it

The Following User Says Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post: