Closed Thread
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
well I did it and installed android.. or atleast tried.. I can't get it to boot.. I can boot to maemo fine but not nitdroid

When I try to boot to droid it starts to load swhos some text in the black backroung like it's loading it but it just goes back to multiboot menu..

Originally Posted by bull81 View Post
You have to go through this Thread first...it will help you

Read this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=523
thank U bull81, and dj_steve also...i'm finaly able to install android..
btw,how do i install downloaded game(i dont have wifi)

and now it seems I can't get past the nokia logo anymore...

was on maemo and I turned the phone off (which I already had done many times now trying to boot into droid but failing) and then tried to boot to nitdroid but the phone just turned off and now when I try to start it, it just goes to the nokia logo and can't get past that :/

anyone have any ideas or is this gonna take reflash?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by browncaravan View Post
Dousan. Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, my N900 doesnt want to know. It seems I am not able to install programs via Xterminal. The reason for this is because I have edited 'obexd' and 'libopenobex1' in order to have PBAP to work with my hands free kit. I guess Maemo is upset that it doesnt match with what the standard Maemo OS.

Is there any way around this? Here is what Xterminal says:

/home/user # apt-get install wget
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-205-pr: Depends: obexd (= 0.18-0maemo5+0m5) but 0.28-0maemo3 is to be installed
Depends: libopenobex1 (= 1.4-0maemo3+0m5) but 1.5-2 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
/home/user #

Does this mean I need to try: 'apt-get -f install wget' to ignore the unmet dependencies?

Thanks
if you modified those files and download them they will overwrite you moded files and your handsfree kit probably wont work no more. I don't know if you can modify them after installing, if that's gonna make some other issue? To be frank i'm not sure what you should do here? Maybe hope for some linux exp. to answer your question or just try it?

Maybe you could download the .deb file from here and do it through app mngr. Just tap on the .deb file when downloaded?
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...sso3_armel.deb

Or maybe you could use the download links in the guide. Just copy and paste in a browser window on your N900 and save them to /home/user/MyDocs and then just do the guide without the wget steps?

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-08-07 at 21:11. Reason: adding info...

I reflashed and now the phone works.. weird.. I followed the directions to the letter.. don't know what went wrong.. gonna try again tomorrow :/

Ihave the memcard intach.. so do I only need to install multiboot 'n stuff?

Originally Posted by elmonen View Post
I followed the directions to the letter.. don't know what went wrong..
Me too but it seems you always have to repeat "step 6" http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=523

Also android will probably never boot the first time, try 2-3 times before using the above.

Also make sure your boot file is properly edited via the console in etc/multiboot.d.

Here's mine, it's far easier to ssh-it in there
Never edit it in windows
Attached Files
File Type: zip NITdroid-2.6.28.NIT.05.zip (310 Bytes, 146 views)

Last edited by Bec; 2010-08-07 at 23:19.

Thanks Dousan. That's the way I'll do it - download NITDroid and all that myself and install them via Xterminal.

The next problem:
Multiboot has been successfully installed. I tried to do the NITDroid bit but it basically says, I haven't got bzip2 installed - which is correct. I am not able to install it via Xterminal as you know, and am unable to find it in the application manager. Any ideas? Are there any other programs I will need to get this up and running?

Nearly there.. hopefully. This isn't as easy as I thought.

I tried the installation again today and succeeded and I gotta say it looks good! can't wait for phone and gps to be available! now to try some app's and stuff

Closed Thread