Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on com.nokia.phone?

For example, I know I can do:
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM Phone.Sim.get_imsi
to get the imsi, or
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM/security Phone.Sim.security.get_imei
to get the imei, but I would like to know if I can get the phone number and also what other functions are available to get information about the phone in this way.

Cheers,

Ben

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit

The Following User Says Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem, but you should know that any method you find may not be 100% reliable. There is no requirement for a GSM phone to know its own phone number as such... IMEI is all that's needed to identify the account to the network - the phone number itself is never passed over the air, therefore it's not necessary for it it be stored anywhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem, but you should know that any method you find may not be 100% reliable. There is no requirement for a GSM phone to know its own phone number as such... IMEI is all that's needed to identify the account to the network - the phone number itself is never passed over the air, therefore it's not necessary for it it be stored anywhere.
Just a slight correction to this the IMSI is the identification of the account \ SIM, the IMEI is the unique identification of the physical phone.

It is possible for the sim card to hold the number (msisdn) but it's not that common as far as I know.
Take a look at this bug for some extra information

I did a search already - that's how I found the functions to get imei and imsi, but I couldn't see any documentation or how to get the phone number from those links - am I missing something somewhere?

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
sorry, brain - hand communication problem :-) I meant IMSI of course.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Originally Posted by benh_n900 View Post
I did a search already - that's how I found the functions to get imei and imsi, but I couldn't see any documentation or how to get the phone number from those links - am I missing something somewhere?
I was thinking you wanted to get the caller id.
I have been working on getting a caller id notification on N810/diablo and this was helpful (though not the same as in maemo 5) in getting started. Next you could do is look at the header files to check what all functions are available.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Have you checked this page? http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Also a note, I haven't tried it yet, but the qqdbus package in -devel purports to contain a Maemo-friendly version of QDBusViewer, which allows you to browse the 'Bus, and should help you with this sort of thing. Note that you'll need to install Qt 4.6 from -devel for that (AFAIK), so you may just want to wait for PR 1.2 to avoid Fun with the update. Alternatively, you could probably build QDBusViewer from the Qt 4.5 source packages in Extras, but the stock UI is a bit painful on the N900's screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I also want to be able to do this - I want to write a simple widget that copies my phone number to the clipboard, that way I can paste it in text messages or wherever.

The actual dbus-monitor for this event is (fairly obvious for anyone with dbus-monitor):

Code:
method call sender=:1.72 -> dest=:1.35 serial=137 path=/org/gnome/evolution/dataserver/addressbook/sim_3a__2f__2f_msisdn; interface=org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.addressbook.Book; member=getContactList
   string "(exists "phone")"
This spits out your own vcard. For whatever reason qqdbusviewer shows the path a bit differently to this.

I'm not sure how to convert this to a dbus-send though.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post: