edit:
[pichlo] "Right, and we we're supposed to have flying cars in the year 2000. Where are those Kangal??" (or something like that)

My response:

To be honest, we do have flying cars. We have everything for it, recipe wise. Except the one key ingredient; we don't have the anti-gravity pads.... yet. And we probably will never have them.

Well, it all comes down to if we can convert (from theory into reality), antimatter. And form substances of them into " lifters ".

By which time, we would've already colonized the Moon or Mars.
And if we do, we would've transcended species and become God.
It sounds funny, but its true.

I mean how can Entropy work (every matter and the universe likes to stay away from each other) with the existence of Gravity (every matter likes to stick to each other). We haven't even solved an easy question like that.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2015-04-19 at 07:59.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
To be honest, we do have flying cars. We have everything for it, recipe wise. Except the one key ingredient; we don't have the anti-gravity pads yet. And we probably will never have them.

Well, it all comes down to if we can convert, from theory into reality, antimatter. And form substances of them into lifters.

By which time, we would've already colonized the Moon or Mars.
And if we do, we would've transcended species and become God.
It sounds funny, but its true.

I mean how can Entropy work (every matter and the universe likes to stay away from each other) with the existence of Gravity (every matter likes to stick to each other). We haven't even solved an easy question like that.
i hope to be alive when this **** goes down, either that or be immortal.

Anti-Gravity lifters would make space travel convenient and (perhaps) cheap.

It would allow us to have reusable rockets rather than disposable ones.
And trips to other planets could be done with one thrust/leap off the planet.
We just so happen to live on the densest planet in our milky way, so that might actually be an advantage. And flying back to Earth would become the challenge.

And yes, God.
Think about it. People have control over their food source, their lifestyle, their environment, the weather, and even their deaths and afterwards. No DNA, Protein, Prion, Virus, Bacteria, Archaen, Mold, Yeast, Plant, Porifera, Cnidarian, Annelid, Mollusc, Arthropod, or Vertebrae can attest to this.

I mean I can play God with a bacteria's life on a petri-dish. And I also am God when I write a story.

However, it is an intriguing fact that once we have lifters, it means we can physically affect the fabric of space and/or "matter". So we would've ascended to the title of Gods.

The only frontiers missing are the production of AI, or a synthetically-made consciousness. Aka soul. And the manipulation of time; ie Time Travelling.

If we had all three, there's no doubt we would be God.
I mean controlling time, matter, and soul. That's some sci-fi or supernatural stuff right there.
Physicists think these are possibilities, however slim, hence why they reject the Gods of scriptures.

I'm flattered

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
We still have until October for a Back to the Future style hover board to appear.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Haha...kangal always goes off-topic

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Haha...kangal always goes off-topic
You are too late to the party, Dave. It was my response to Kangal's post in another thread that made sense in that context but some anonymous moderator ripped it out and started a new thread with it. I reported that post and asked it to be removed as it made no sense now. That placed Kangal's post at the front.

I seriously suggest a vote of no confidence about the moderator in question. This is not the first time. What a shame that he or she is too shy to step out of anonymity.

I know which moderator done it, and I don't think it was a bad move or shameful in anyway.

That thread was about the Ubuntu MX4, so it should just stay about that.

Canonical isn't worthy of flying cars, space travel or manipulation of matter. Let's just keep Off-topic posts in off-topic threads, even if they have to be moved : )

I'm flattered

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Pichlo, stop copy my lines

Canonical is definitely worty space travel since the head mark spaceshuttle has actually visited space...

We have already went through the subject of flying cars in the countdown thread. By why not again in a dedicated thread.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yn2uyQJ1jc

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-04-19 at 08:17.

touché

(tencharmanders)

I'm flattered

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Context, Kangal, context! My post was not about FC per se, but about comparing your fantasy visions to FC. It made perfect sense where it was. Moving it to OT started a new pointless thread.

I suggest a new moderation rule. Every moderation action should be signed and explained. Every moderator failing to do that should automatically lose the moderator rights. With great power comes great responsibility, I wish people started realizing that.