Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
Scarflash, what were the exact commands you used to install Canola2?

Did you do something like apt-get upgrade? I may be wrong, but from what I have read, if you had certain repositories enabled that it would overwrite critical system packages with broken development and testing packages.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, and apt-get upgrade could be completely harmless; either way, the reflash should have fixed whatever apt-get messed with.

Did you flash with the latest 2008OS image?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Is Canola using similar mplayer settings to those found in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf?

For some reason playback of flash video is very different for me inside Canola vs. outside with mplayer. The original aspect ratio is lost and I get studdering inside Canola with a saved youtube video. Outside it plays smooth and with the correct 4:3 aspect ratio in mplayer by itself.
Scar, this has been widely discussed in the "streching video" post. What happens : mplayer is in "embedded" mode in canola, and due to a bug, it wasn't able to figure out correctly the format, thus stretching the video. There were hacks we could do (open mplayer 2 times) but we decided to patch (small fix) mplayer to work correctly, we did we submited to mplayer and we are waiting to it to be applied.

About performance, there's also a loss (thus for example any media player that embedds mplyaer will have a slightly worse performance than the real mplayer. We are actually not changing confs etc.

Scar: do you have n810 ? if so have you already formatted your internal disk ?

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
i love you people 8#

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I would also like to acknowledge Youtube video problems inside the latest Canola. Stretching is minimal compared to the sound not being in sync with the video. Stuttering only happened on one or two videos, most others were fairly smooth, just out-of-sync.

BTW...I just LOVE the YouTube browsing interface, *BUT* it only seems to scroll with your finger on the LEFT-HAND-SIDE of the display. Attempting to scroll on the right-hand-side just selects the videos. Is there anyway that the two side zones could be preferential for scrolling instead of just the left?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I would also like to acknowledge Youtube video problems inside the latest Canola. Stretching is minimal compared to the sound not being in sync with the video. Stuttering only happened on one or two videos, most others were fairly smooth, just out-of-sync.

BTW...I just LOVE the YouTube browsing interface, *BUT* it only seems to scroll with your finger on the LEFT-HAND-SIDE of the display. Attempting to scroll on the right-hand-side just selects the videos. Is there anyway that the two side zones could be preferential for scrolling instead of just the left?
The bottom part of the screen where there is nothing is not touch sensitive. For best results tap and hold the screen just above the bottom part...i.e where the lower part of the listings end and drag it upwards without losing contact with the screen/

Hope this helps

i can't copy & paste from other programs to canola. i wanted to start adding shoutcast streams but i cant use ctrl-c & ctrl-v in canola. maybe i'm missing something but to me it was the most obvious way to add stations and it doesn't work.

any thoughts?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Just back to Internet civilisation, at Bordeaux Airport after a few days relaxation and have updated my N810 to Beta 7 with You-Tube plug-in. What can I say about the You-Tube plug-in, well it's "Bloody Marvelous" that's what it is!

So intuitive to use, with the option to save played videos

Oh and the You-tube search feature, please release the search feature for all AV media known to Canola via users guidance, both Local Folder and Internet URL/Feed related.

i.e. Search Album, Artist, Track, etc.

Must get around to updating my Canola2 user guide as there have been some great additions and improvements between early Canola2 Beta1 and Beta7!

"Keep on Trucking Guys" (Canola Team) you are really motoring now

Hi,

first congrats for the new beta, it's amazing.

And now, Are there any way to subscribe to a youtube's user?

For example: how can I subscribe to

http://www.youtube.com/rss/user/shor...ity/videos.rss

hehe

SO far every beta has worked very well for me. The You Tube plugin is flawless. My only question: is there any way to mark a video for later. like a favorites or bookmark feature?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Handful please send that youtube video to engadget so that more and more people know about the coolness of canola and the n800 internet tablet.

If you want i can do that for you.