Active Topics

Notices

Found the answer.
This did the trick

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=257

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skojevac For This Useful Post:
Hi!

I recently got a new battery, and it's behaving very nicely, but battery eye and the status-area battery icon don't show its information correctly. I've been doing the calibration procedure for the past few weeks, probably gone through at least 6-8 cycles (of which at least 3-4 were definitely successful -- I actually saw EDV1 switch to 1), bnf consistently shows a charge of ~1570 mAh, and I'm getting 2-3 days worth of my normal use (which is pretty light) from each charge -- but battery eye just won't show a full charge of more than 1300 mAh, and for the first part of each discharge it doesn't show any information on the graph at all; and the status-area indicator doesn't match either bnf or battery eye, but is somewhere in between.

As far as I can tell, I'm using stock BME -- I switched to kp53 about a month before getting the new battery (and didn't notice anything wrong until I switched batteries), but never explicitly installed BME replacement, and 'lsmod | grep batte' shows only 'rx51_battery' (which I assume is stock BME?).

Are the discrepancies I'm seeing between bnf and battery eye to be expected? Is this supposed to be solved by switching to BME replacement?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to dovf For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, bnf script, bq27200, bq27x00, charging