Active Topics

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Ajudia27 View Post
does pd proxy or any other vpn run on any of these os on n900?
anyone tested?
I use vpnc from extras-devel for as long as I have my N900 and it works just the way it should.
There is also openconnect (plus openconnect-gui) in extras-testing which is probably a bit more end-user/touch friendly but I haven't tested it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Hi all:

This time I'm more sure than sure-er that this is exactly the place for my problem adorned with some additional circumstances. It goes like this:

I got this N900, maybe it's not old, but while having 4 fully working units the responsible was pointed to the inferior one and also the one I fought is closest to dead than other ones. The mentioned worst device (I will call this unit simply by WEAK in following) has some problems:

In the next step I described what is still working, here we have broken parts or so, this need to be consider as obligatory when you are that kind so you can help me.

-microSD card doesn't work
-GPS doesn't work in any possible way, only external GPS working.
-Call speaker (smaller one that is in contact with your ear while on the phone.

The next step (It's kind off useless info to the topic, but it is for realizing n900 really is, so:

-Camera, LED and everything related to it works fine
-Internal memory is 100%, I was even able to partition it
-Overclocked CPU 850mhz to 1100mhz, but using only 850, 950 and 1100mhz freqs, sets to full performance, and it is working that way for over 3 years (Without counting life-time before first broken parts.
-Pins to FM transmitter and reciver are broken (I decided that they can stay that way - I really don't use FM radio, so there is no need to make this working again.

SECTION BELLOW CONTAINS SOME OFF-TOPIC CONTENT
I need fm radio at work, but got 3 more n900 but never even tried to, through n800 does have louder and more ear-friendly speakers, cleaner and at least - can handle parts of the songs with lower sound frequencies (Also know *** bass, woob doob, or woompa woompa) without destroying audio smooth. Most audio system otherwise pumping up to highest power that can resolve with immediately need to volume down - So the output sound is not really that good (Look at the size of speaker - what more can you expect? But at least sound better than most hissing android devices - they are loud but sounds like pieces of windowsill mixed with some wood and as the topping - magnesium. Mix them all together add some few old Audio CD's, Then all the ready bake mass prepare as you want, cut it into +/- eqaul portions, Final Effect? Bunch of spare andrioid Speakers.
Here the "I like to be thorough" ends [/COLOR]

OK, now to the final point. Replacing or even fully repair the existing one doesn't meet the point, cause cost can get high, very high - In poland working but bad outside shape n900 can be bought for around 100PLN, 20EUR or 25GBP. Good shape ones are around 150-250PLN (50-70GPB).

Question is mentioned in topic name:

Im going to make this device for special purposes. like:
-Got and old, but big TV - N900 is fantastic for output.
-Internet Connection
-Music Player and so that exclude the broken parts.

Im thinking about BT Keyboard and mouse, and make some kind of free to use home PC.

Do you think that stay with maemo will be enough? Maybe there is OS that will go with my idea. Maybe there is even better one?

If you have any suggestions or pointers feel free to share, my project isn't set in stone so Im open to any ideads.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Turkey
I love you nokia n900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to denizci535 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by denizci535 View Post
I love you nokia n900
And I simply love such meaningful posts

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thank you guys, for all the help

I guess I will just stay with CSSU as I was able to force my n900 to decect SD card

But, who doesn't love "You Nokia N900"?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
i am turkish n900 seviyorum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denizci535 For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson