Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Oh no you don't:
"The vouchers cannot be redeemed against orders containing
memory cards, USB flash disks"
Dang.
However spare batteries are covered...

The Following User Says Thank You to peterjb31 For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know where I can buy it in Denmark?

I tried ordering it from the Swedish site, but it won't accept my postal code

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by arj View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy it in Denmark?

I tried ordering it from the Swedish site, but it won't accept my postal code
Well you could order it from Finland's largest on-line called Verkkokauppa.com. They ship to all Nordic countries, and the model sold in Finland is the Nordic version (keyboard supports danish/norweigian alphabets. I have used the nordic prototype).

Verkkokauppa allready accepts preorders and they actually selling it cheaper than Nokia (589€ vs 599€). As Finland's largest on-line retailer, they usually get new Nokia models early, sometimes first in the world.

If you are interested you could send them email:

svenska@verkkokauppa.com (for customer service in swedish, but you can propably send in danish as well).

Or

sales@verkkokauppa.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
I hope I can find it in China soon and it has Chinese!!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by digittante View Post
+1 for your very sane suggestion. The segmentation of 3G technology at all levels of the mobile value chain (OEM's, carriers, retailers) has been rife w/ mis/dis-information for years. "Will this work on my carrier?", "Does this phone have 1700mhz or 1900mhz?", "What if I travel overseas with it?"

Most recent example of this (and relevant to this N900 thread): I rang T-Mo last week just before buying an N900: The Tier3 tech support guy hadn't heard of the N900 but said it needed "1.9gigaherz" to be compatible w/ T-Mo US 3G. When I shared the N900 3G freqs, he check w/ his manager and reported back that the N900 likely has "European 3G" and wouldn't work in the US. When I repeated again the N900 had 1700mhz/2100mhz just like T-Mo US, he checked again with his supervisor. "Yeah, but that's European 2100mhz" he said. "Not American 2100mhz..." What's the difference? He couldn't say. I suspect there isn't one, and he (and his boss) were simply FUD'ing about a 'foreign' device.

Quad-band GSM phones have been around for a while now, why can't OEM's just make 'quad-band' 3G phone and eliminate all the confusion?

And for the record, I've been w/ T-Mo/DeutscheTelekom for over a decade and almost always bring my own phone. When T-Mo established a separate tech support team to help customers w/ non-T-Mo phones, support really improved (for me). I'm curious if Sprint/Verizon/AT&T provide similar support?
you might enjoy this old series of articles I posted in my frustration about a year ago...

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/00...istexaport.htm

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/00...istexaport.htm

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
That would be ok for me and worth the trip to Amsterdam all alone :-)
(at least better than to preorder - have it delayed - only getting it AFTER the summit...)
this is the situation i'm in: having pre-ordered the n900 during the nokia world from nokia.fi, and i will be attending the summit. i could not find any information on whether there is any way i will receive n900 either through the pre-order or by other means before or during the summit.

almost goes without saying, but it would be so much nicer to have the n900 during the summit.

Last edited by edgar2; 2009-09-11 at 13:34. Reason: found the quote by twaelti

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
almost goes without saying, but it would be so much nicer to have the n900 during the summit.
Yes, and damn near pointless to attend without it. Nokia's really cutting it close here and I'm more and more worried that we're going to get burned.