Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by hellhammer View Post
might i recommend you to download tweak flash version and set ur flash flag to 10.1. some sites that require flash 10.1 actually do not need it.
yes no need to wait flash 10.1 version for n900,we can just only tweak it from tweak flash to modified our flash plugin...holla we can play video in our facebook anytime we want..he he..

The Following User Says Thank You to azizija For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
i'm quote sure unofficial support for meego on n900 will be there...
i was actually hoping someone would make it possible to run Maemo on the N9 (possible 1st Meego phone) when it comes out.
true. bcause from what ive seen from those youtube videos, meego looks a bit 'crippled'. but im still holding my breath for it. bcause the potential of meego is HUGE. the keyword is Qt. its been implemeted to symbian, meego and maemo. so we can expect a lot of apps for maemo once meego and symbian^3 launches.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff
from the last 2 day, i heard meego team is setting up a dual boot maemo-meego for n900 user...
they want to experiment meego on n900 before release to end user.
i can't wait for it even though we are the speciment...hahaha

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
i'll show you mine if you'll show me your's...
LOL

2g/3g/dual mode selection applet
advanced power
auto disconnect
battery graph
conky
conversations widget
custom operator name widget
enhanced kernels - running lv 125 to 1000
facebook widget
fm radio player
fm boost
fmms
healthcheck
hermes
lens cover reminder
moonphase widget
rootsh
simple brightness applet
swappolube
transition control
tweak flash plugin
wifi signal applet
wifi switcher
+ bout 10+ games.
battery lasts bout 16 hours of heavy phone use ( 2 hrs talk time) and 1 hour plus on the internet via wifi.
also changed carrier to digi biz150 (cheaper).

anybody else with any suggestions to increase productivity of the phone?
thanks guys.

Originally Posted by droll View Post
msian checking in here. just a quick post. i'll post more later.

i like the n900 because it is a laptop replacement for me in most of my use case scenarios. plus i much prefer having a device that is always on than having to wait for bootup and shutdown times.

i also wanted to do some development on maemo as i am fluent in c++ and have done mobile device development before on two other platforms for a number of years. however, the open source community has solved almost all my issues on the phone.

welcome all. i know one other msian that fell for the n900 after he tried my unit for a while. he is a long time symbian user.

cheers all!
Welcome on-board bro and welcome to all also,feel great coz can share with malaysian people here about our N900..let we share our pain,glory and proud as N900 owner or hacker,programmer or software developer even Nokia is start forgetting N900 and maemo.but for sure,community is still here to support each other...

anybody else with any suggestions to increase productivity of the phone?
thanks guys.
koffice FTW. IIRC, advanced power eats up the battery. do you experience it?

Last edited by hellhammer; 2010-10-17 at 09:18. Reason: adding

Hi,
Malaysian here too!
good to hear from my fellow countrymen!
not many ppl in malaysia who understand nor want the freedom and responsibility to tweak the n900 i think..
any of u follow the lowyat n900 forum?
lotsa misguided comments regarding the reliability. they just want a simple iphoney i guess.
for me, n900 rocks! blows the rest of them right outta the water and takes no prisoners.
so far compared with sgs, iphoney 3gs and 4, wildfire and omnia. with all the apps they need to simply function on the internet, itms mind boggling.
i just log on to www via browser, and voila! done...
all i can say is, HAHA! supposed old phone with deadend os beat the crap outta android!
hi there, another malaysian checking in. I disagree with your opinion abut the comments in lowyat.net though. As far as I know, the official n900 thread seems to be the best resource for n900 users in malaysia. i'm not sure if your referring to comments outside that thread, but those are by non-n900 users, iphone fanboys, etc. There are quite a few sifus in the official thread who love their n900s and are happy to help with everything from basic OCing, ui element customizing, to nitdroid installations, and usb OTG testing. most of us browse talk.maemo of course, but its easier to get quick and easy to understand answers ( due to all of us being in the same time zone ) in there. join us and discover new ways ur n900 can amaze ya!

The Following User Says Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hellhammer View Post
koffice FTW. IIRC, advanced power eats up the battery. do you experience it?
for Advance power for sure it drain more battery depending what speed your cpu is overclocked..of course it eats more battery because of usage as power user...better stick with default kernal or just tweak your cpu using QCPUFreq at desired speed or just enable smartreflex for smart power saver,correct me if im wrong..

The Following User Says Thank You to azizija For This Useful Post:
i have so far managed to stay away from overclocking. smartreflex is enabled. didn't notice a very big improvement in batterylife with smartreflex but battergraph did show a slight decrease in consumption. i generally set my phone to tablet mode during the night (I should probably script this!) and in this mode, battery consumption averages about 2-3% the whole night (which is generally around 8 hours or so). not too shabby.

does anyone here use mail for exchange?

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
hi there, another malaysian checking in. I disagree with your opinion abut the comments in lowyat.net though. As far as I know, the official n900 thread seems to be the best resource for n900 users in malaysia. i'm not sure if your referring to comments outside that thread, but those are by non-n900 users, iphone fanboys, etc. There are quite a few sifus in the official thread who love their n900s and are happy to help with everything from basic OCing, ui element customizing, to nitdroid installations, and usb OTG testing. most of us browse talk.maemo of course, but its easier to get quick and easy to understand answers ( due to all of us being in the same time zone ) in there. join us and discover new ways ur n900 can amaze ya!
Bro porselinaheart....did you know others forum in malaysia discussing on N900 other than lowyat.net...maybe others fellow didn't sure which forum give the right info and technical advice rather than this official maemo.org forum..thanks coz let we all know..maybe we have a master and skillfull person in lowyet.net to repair or hacked some app for our beloved N900...not for android even ios..ha ha...