Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
The warehouse app for Greek keyboard does not work!
I can't write in Greek any more!

https://openrepos.net/content/penguin/greek-keyboard

As discussed here!

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
read comment from @carbonizer, he fixed it, just replace the file in your phone.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
after the update i have a non working arabic .qml file.please can someone tell me how to make it work exactly,already tried some stuff from this thread but failed to make it work

Originally Posted by baboo View Post
after the update i have a non working arabic .qml file.please can someone tell me how to make it work exactly,already tried some stuff from this thread but failed to make it work
If you are talking about this, then it is quite easily fixed by adding "splitSupported: true" as first item in KeyboardLayout. I actually tried it and added also "splitIndex: 5" before ShiftKey but it might not be needed at all.

So:
Code:
import QtQuick 2.0
import ".."

KeyboardLayout {
    splitSupported: true

KeyboardRow {
and
Code:
KeyboardRow {
        splitIndex: 5

ShiftKey {}
Of course, if you have a more customized keyboard it may not be this easy. It's worth to double check your fixes, too:
every width: must become implicitWidth: (note the capital W!) and the SpacebarKey should be mentioned twice. You could also comment most of the rows out and try finding the faulty row first (often row(s) with special keys). Once you have that figured out, start adding the keys one by one to see what really breaks the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Thanks,im gonna try that!

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by okourkoulos View Post
The warehouse app for Greek keyboard does not work!
I can't write in Greek any more!

https://openrepos.net/content/penguin/greek-keyboard

As discussed here!
Or you could use the new custom_el.qml Greek layout file to replace the existing file in /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts/. The file is here thanks to karbonized:

https://app.younited.com/?shareObjec...5-9899eb4cb592

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2012 @ THESSALONIKI GREECE
A big thanks on Tmi for Greek keyboard on warehouse.Works fine on me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaiosgf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
Thanks,im gonna try that!
I found an another Arabic layout on TJC and got it to work. It's on OpenRepos, if you need it.

Originally Posted by gaiosgf View Post
A big thanks on Tmi for Greek keyboard on warehouse.Works fine on me.
No biggie, glad it works.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
(This is somewhat keyboard related and not that badly OT, I hope)

Quick background: I hardly ever use predictive text/autocorrect/whatnot in any device.

Having played around with the keyboard layouts I decided to try out the predictive text in Jolla for a couple of days but I seem to be hitting a wall.

Ok, first the basics:
* I start typing a word and get suggestions to choose from above the keys. CHECK!
* I type a word and realize right after that I made a typo so I hit backspace to go to the end of the word and get the corrections to choose from above the keys. CHECK!

I'd be happy with the above, however sometimes the suggestions don't help and I need to add a letter into the word:
* Let's say I write in another language bibliotèque. Then I realize the typo, move into the word and add an h having bibliothèque where the h is underlined. Now, when I move the caret out of the word and start typing a new word, the h gets moved to be the first letter of the new word I'm now typing. WTH?

This seems to happen whatever I do, and I feel I could as well give up...

How can I "validate" what I had just corrected, so the added letter stays in the word? What is even the benefit of this thing, why would I want to write a letter into a word to only have it moved somewhere else?
I might be too unexcperienced with this thing, too dumb or maybe trying to overanalyze this.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
.. Now, when I move the caret out of the word and start typing a new word, the h gets moved to be the first letter of the new word I'm now typing. WTH?
Strange, never happened to me, something is rotten in your device

I always use predictive text (safe on iOS devices where the proposed word is automatically written unless you click to refuse it).

In sailfish, I would love to see something similar to Swype, it's very fast.