I read a review of the nokia n800 online and it mentioned that it could not take SDHC cards. I am aware that the device uses microSD cards instead of SD cards, i just cant understand why the article would go out of its way to include the HC in SDHC. It leads me to beleive that microSDHC would not supported either. Other material I have read online seem to say that microSDHC cards are just fine to use.

So my question is, can I use microSDHC cards in the nokia n800?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by stevemcc View Post
So my question is, can I use microSDHC cards in the nokia n800?
MicroSDHC alone... no. N800 needs full size SD card.

MicroSDHC with full size SD card adapter? Yes.

EDIT: Also you need to have some recent OS2007 or any OS2008 in the N800 for it to recognize SDHC cards, as well as avoid card corruption issues.

Last edited by Mara; 2008-05-16 at 00:41.

Yes, but only with an adapter.

I expect you saw an old review from before it would support SDHC. It has always been SD, but some (old) OS upgrade allowed SDHC (of any form factor).

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
The N800 can handle SDHC just fine, actually. Mine does.

The N810 is the one that does MiniSD instead of full SD; it can handle MiniSDHC and MicroSDHC (via adapter) cards just fine, too.

Also, there's always this:
http://www.ably.com.tw/pdt/viewpdt.a...p=1&cat=OTHERS

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
now thats scary

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
And very ugly

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Just a quick note: if you use a microSD with adapter in the N800 external slot, you will find out that it is quite difficult to take it out.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Just a quick note: if you use a microSD with adapter in the N800 external slot, you will find out that it is quite difficult to take it out.
YES... had/have this problem with a Hama microSD Card. Better use the internal slot if possible.

Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
The trick is to press it inwards a little while taking it out (no pun intended )

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
The trick is to use full size sdhc cards with 8+GB instead of micro/mini