Notices

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Why does the donate on your site go to you and not the developers of wazapp?
The donate button on my site, has been there since a few years ago. My site exists as a personal blog, I write about anything and everything that interests me, not just Wazapp by the way.

I'm happy to remove the button if you think I'm ripping people off, and for the record I have never received any donations before

---

Reminder: read before posting the same questions on the Wazapp thread!

Wazapp 0.2.6.50 troubleshooting guide

Wazapp 0.2.6.50 download archive for all CepiPerez builds

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by keinc View Post
The donate button on my site, has been there since a few years ago. My site exists as a personal blog, I write about anything and everything that interests me, not just Wazapp by the way.

I'm happy to remove the button if you think I'm ripping people off, and for the record I have never received any donations before
No, thank you for the transparency. This is what makes this community so great...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
I would advise you give the new version a day for testing, if it does not work as stable as the version you liked (30 08 2012), then, change it
the latest version seems to getting more stable.. I think depends of the group chat activity..
great work.. it is wonderful

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
So last night I finally got the 010912 version to work, but I'd still like to get teh 030912 working, since it's got the snazzy new icons and other improvements. Yesterday I installed it on several occasions and it wouldn't start most of the time (it'd just open the splash screen and that'd be it). When it did, it'd keep on complaining about not responding and freeze my whole phone. So I settled with the previous build. Tonight I decided to give it a second go.

First I tried the approach from here: http://write.keinism.com/2012/08/30/...d-and-working/ in which I deleted the contents of .wazapp and /opt/waxmppplugin, installed 030912 and reregistered. The first startup took ages with the app suddenly opening several minutes after the splash screen closed. All of my chats and contacts were gone and after several tries of resyncing my contacts without success I decided to reboot. After reboot the app wouldn't open again exactly like yesterday. Removing the *.db file from .wazapp didn't help.

Next approach, I removed my account and the app as well as deleting the *.db from .wazapp and then rebooted just to be on the safe side before I installed the 030912 again, reregistered and rebooted. Same as before, opens the splash screen and nothing happens, then suddenly several minutes later opens the app. This time syncing my contacts worked out after a while and several "not responding" complaints. After sending and receiving a message with another phone was succesful I rebooted again to check if it'd become easier to open. It didn't. Next I decided to try opening it from the terminal as explained by oprocopio
Originally Posted by oprocopio View Post
In Settings > Security > Developer mode
Activate Developer mode

then start terminal and start wazapp with:

Code:
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp
It took a while but it worked . Although when I closed the terminal it closed the app as well, which I didn't know it would do (first time using the terminal ever). After another reboot it seems to be working, though the startup still really really slow. Can't say much more right now since I haven't got my group chats etc. bakc yet.

Still it seems that really wiping all old stuff from the phone (someone mentioned a purge command at some point during the last 30 pages or so - how does that work?) and reinstalling did the trick, even if some startup problems remain.

Overall I think it would be best to have the FAQ section or similar collection of problems and fixes as done by keinc and to make it easily found. That way noone would have to wade throught the pages upon pages of repeated whining and solutions when they are searching for a fix. Also when you post a problem I think you should also state what fixing solutions you've already tried. That way you don't look like quite such a whiner and you also avoid the condescending replies that tell you to try the obvious solutions (like reregistering or deleting the *.db file)

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by hharju View Post
Next approach, I removed my account and the app as well as deleting the *.db from .wazapp and then rebooted just to be on the safe side before I installed the 030912 again, reregistered and rebooted. Same as before, opens the splash screen and nothing happens, then suddenly several minutes later opens the app. This time syncing my contacts worked out after a while and several "not responding" complaints. After sending and receiving a message with another phone was succesful I rebooted again to check if it'd become easier to open. It didn't.
Added your tips to the guide, great to hear that your Wazapp works!

---

Reminder: read before posting the same questions on the Wazapp thread!

Wazapp 0.2.6.50 troubleshooting guide

Wazapp 0.2.6.50 download archive for all CepiPerez builds

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
well,whenever i closed my wazzap(quit wazzap),when i reopen it,i send a message to someone,i got red squares,i deleted the xxxxxx.db,then it will work perfectly,so what im trying to say is,whenever i quit wazzap,reopen it,and gotta do this procedure over and over again,any help?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThraxZzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Same here but reboot solved this for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post:
Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
well,not for me though

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
just revert back to previous version - built 0109
GOSH I am getting so sick of wazapp ...I reverted it back to previous version as you suggested, it shutted down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...almost 4000 posts in this thread about a proprietary messenger infrastructure, and low-post demanding people still seem to be too stupid to read (at least) the last few pages.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp