make sure network selection is on Automatic.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
r
h e
t c h
y u u t
l c m e
l t
a g o
e n o I
r i t
t n
m t f e
' e f h
I g o w

Oh....... sorry I was laying down and typing sideways with my keyboard taped to the side of my desk.
I am now able to download videos while tethering but I still have to put my N900 on a tripod 2.5 feet from the ceiling and I get kicked off quite a lot so I have to disconnect in PC suite and reconnect and then it works.

The above sideways text looks completely sensible read sideways in the "edit post" box but turns into nonsense after being posted.
Text read sideways is "I'm really getting cut off when tethering."

Same thing happens on bugs.maemo. Type 4 paragraphs into notepad on your computer and then copy paste it into bugs.maemo comment box and it completelty F's your post up sticking lots of spaces in between words and lines.

Last edited by aironeous; 2010-01-22 at 08:09.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Windows update causes forced disconnection after installing Windows update on task bar while tethering using PC Suite and N900.

Does not tell you it has denied your connection. It gives no alert or message but no web page will load, videos stop buffering, every web page stops in Firefox browser.
No explanation is given. You are forced to disconnect and re-connect losing any buffer you had on movies and you have to start over and after 3 times of this happening I have now had to run defragmenter just to get tethering smooth again.
Can someone confirm this? I am on T-mobile service tethering.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
I've only tethered intermitantly as proof that I can do it so I don't know anything about being cut off, but I do have 3.5G just about everywhere, and wifi at home and where I work, so I think I'm set for internet.

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
BTW about battery, big issue probably almost for everybody. So im thinking to get one of this JuiceBar http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/c5a7/. No its not what you think )))
The juicebar is actually a great little solar-charge battery(12 - 15 hours in direct sunlight), and the is one of the few eternal batteries I've found that actually can charge the N900. It does suffer from typical adapter problems(sometimes if you jiggle the cord too much it stops charging), and of course it'll only add to the bulge in your pocket. However it works and it looks nice at the same time, hard to argue with that.