Hi.

It may sound like a stupid question, but I cant find the "Enter SIM Pin" dialog.

When I power up the phone, it asks for the SIM pin. I can skip that using the "Skip" button. Afterwards, the phone functionality is not available (because the SIM is pin-protected). Trying to make a call results in error messages like "Operation not allowed. Phone is disabled" and "SIM not available".

How do I make the SIM pin dialog come up again, without rebooting the N900?

I checked Settings -> Phone (comes up with error "SIM not available") and the phone dialpad (lets me dial but then sais "Not allowed, SIM not available"). The status menu has no function either. I couldnt find any other places to make it ask me again for the pin, except of rebooting the device.

Thanks for any help

PS: My firmware is 1.2009.42-11.003

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
If you get the application that lets you switch between tablet/phone mode then just click that to switch to phone mode from the power button status menu and it gives you the option to enter your pin
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Hi, this has happened me twice, and i had some trouble finding the "enter sim pin", but here it is

Settings -> tap in the status bar (i'm not sure how it's called in english. I mean, tap in "Settings" in the top of the screen), choose "enter code to unlock sim". and there you have it

Maybe it could be a bit less complex, or more intuitive... but once you find it, you never forget where that menu is

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
or just disable offline modus by clicking on the power button.