Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just my opinionjust to clarify my last post.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Good point! Even if I should be blamed for starting that discussion.
There's now a thread for such diversions, see discussion in there:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91915&page=5

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Can you give me even one example? What are you using (for calendar/contacts/email, not just email)? I really want to know. And as you know CalDAV is not supported on Jolla for the time being. Who knows how long it will take? I need calendar syncing, and I don't have access to an Exchange account because I don't work in such a company where I could obtain one.
I use memotoo.com (European based (France), which was a must for me back then, as well as now). Worked fine on my N95 and on N9 using SyncML. Given the availability of Buteo on Jolla, my guess is that it will work, albeit with a bit of hacking until Jolla gets a GUI for the configuration.

Memotoo supports the *DAVs as well, which is what I use in Kalendar on the desktop. The free variant is for trial-purposes only (no SSL for example) but the €12/year I've been paying for the service the last 5/6 years were worth it, imo.

There are similar services no doubt, but I'm content enough not to feel the need to shop around.

I've no experience with Exchange on my devices. Microsoft can eat my shorts. (Disclaimer: I work as C#-dev at a MS-centric company )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
iPad styluses work fine and the screen works through a waterproof bag too.
I noticed too that the touchscreen is maybe a bit more sensitive than in N9; you cannot quite use it with nailtip like you can some Lumia devices but only very slight touch is required to register on the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
(Disclaimer: I work as C#-dev at a MS-centric company )
Holy Dooley, I'd never have picked that given the usual content of your posts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Holy Dooley, I'd never have picked that given the usual content of your posts.
That's because you judging people from the post and people also judging phones and OS they never used. The user experience can be top notch for some or useless for some. Thats the cool thing!

If we all meet in real life there would be a few cool sup-rices

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
The problem appears when i use the maps (i like walking) in foreign city in cold weather(zero or below ).Last Christmas i was in Vienna and it was very annoying when display stopped refreshing - maps are useless without phone's display
I would say that it's normal and expected behavior. All devices that I was using during the winter time in the open had some slowdowns in refresh rate.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I have a pair of coloud pops and the following weird thing happens
Wow, that is weird. I have an old pair and a new Nokia-branded pair in cyan to match my N9. Both pairs work on N9 with the adaptor, but the old pair can be made to work just as headphones by holding/taping down the mic button (makes sense electrically). Letting go of the button after the N9 has detected headphones muffles/filters the audio.
The new pair though can't be tricked, and are noisy, as you have in your test. Which is weird and implies some additional electronics is going on inside the mic/button widget.
Anyway, hopefully they "just work" on Jolla. I'll report back.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have seen several videos of sailfish and lots of apps and they have three indicators top left of the screen. I feel the usability is not the best since that corner is the hardest to reach with one hand. Whats your thought that have held the device?

Like in this awsome Epic CusteSpotify video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86L0XaTM8w

My suggestin would be that if you started the swip in the middle of screen you swipe within app and if you start at the side of the screen you ship the OS. Much more fluid. If jolla read this: please add this as standard for your app guidelines.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-04 at 21:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
dave, you don't need to tap on these dots ever

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I have seen several videos of sailfish and lots of apps and they have three indicators top left of the screen. I feel the usability is not the best since that corner is the hardest to reach with one hand. Whats your thought that have held the device?

Like in this awsome Epic CusteSpotify video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86L0XaTM8w
You dont have to press those dots you can use gestures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n-Ca1o33t4

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience