Active Topics

Well I'm back, I posted a couple of questions about the 770 when I was looking at one. I'd almost thought they'd become obsolete, as compusa had taken them off the display and website. Alas, they're still around, and, to make things more interesting, it's been updated to the n800!! for $50 more I think I'll go that route though I sorta like the layout of the 770 better. Seems the 800 could become my all around entertainment information device. I do have one other concern, some of the ui fonts seem smaller in the new os than on what was on the 770? My eyes are going south a bit. Browser still has that lovely 300% Zoom though.

This issue have been beaten to death. At the moment, the price gap have been raise to $100, which make some people more reason to stay back. I think the UI are the same, you can change some of the fonts by changing the theme or modify it .

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
From someone who's clinging to his 770 like a fat kid clings to a chocolate bar, the 800 is the way to go. I feel like Nokia's version of 'still supporting' the 770 is equivalent of still feeding and watering your mangy 15 year old dog that's completely ignored otherwise because there's a new puppy in the house.

But the fun doesn't end there! There's an integrated webcam! Now you can take pics when the 800 piddles on the rug.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
There's an integrated webcam! Now you can take pics when the 800 piddles on the rug.
That actually doesn't allow you to take pics at the moment.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Yes it does, there are at least two apps which allow the taking of photos. One quick hacked up app on these very forums, and a garage project, Malomo.