Active Topics

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I remember rockbox occasionally halting/stalling (always without timestretch - it was before I figured out that existed - which is long before my skin) and making that looping "trrrrrrrrrrr" sound just like in BSODs.

It wasn't very frequent, but it was there. With Timestretch enabled, it never happened.

It might have been fixed in the newest (2013ish) rockbox available for maemo though, no idea about that - don't plan in disabling Timestretch :P

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
I remember rockbox occasionally halting/stalling (always without timestretch - it was before I figured out that existed - which is long before my skin) and making that looping "trrrrrrrrrrr" sound just like in BSODs.

It wasn't very frequent, but it was there. With Timestretch enabled, it never happened.

It might have been fixed in the newest (2013ish) rockbox available for maemo though, no idea about that - don't plan in disabling Timestretch :P
It used to do that for me even with TS on, I guess it was a memory leak or due to high CPU usage.

Hey Thomas, are there any plans to fix the pausing bug?

EDIT: FIxed, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=305

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2014-05-06 at 10:39.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Hey Thomas, are there any plans to fix the pausing bug?
here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2032 are some details of the crash. Unfortunately, there are no debug symbols available, so the backtrace is not very helpful. Maybe as a first step uploading a new version in the repos with debug symbols in the -dbg package will do the job, that way a coredump file could be analysed.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

I think it has something to do with PulseAudio, because I just did a apt-get upgrade which installed quite a lot of PA stuff, and it fixed my pause bug!

So, they finally released a new Rockbox version last May.

Thomas, are you still planning on updating Rockbox to 3.14?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
So, they finally released a new Rockbox version last May.

Thomas, are you still planning on updating Rockbox to 3.14?
My N900 hasn't been booted in a year or so Not sure if the Rockbox codebase compiles in the current state. I'm currently busy playing with other stuff, so this is low on my priority list. Feel free to give it a go

A Samsung Galaxy S5 running LineageOS replaced the N900. I still miss the keyboard, but the overall experience is much smoother. "PlayerPro" is a nice touch-friendly Rockbox alternative, at least when it comes to live playlist editing.

I might give compiling Rockbox for the N900 a go in the next months, but don't hold your breath.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
My N900 hasn't been booted in a year or so Not sure if the Rockbox codebase compiles in the current state. I'm currently busy playing with other stuff, so this is low on my priority list. Feel free to give it a go

A Samsung Galaxy S5 running LineageOS replaced the N900. I still miss the keyboard, but the overall experience is much smoother. "PlayerPro" is a nice touch-friendly Rockbox alternative, at least when it comes to live playlist editing.

I might give compiling Rockbox for the N900 a go in the next months, but don't hold your breath.
Maaaaan, I would love a updated version of Rockbox, the latest one is quite buggy and I lack coding knowledge to compile 3.14 for Maemo.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Guys, does anyone has some themes for RockBox?? I've searched everywhere and I couldn't find any...

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by branja View Post
Guys, does anyone has some themes for RockBox?? I've searched everywhere and I couldn't find any...
You can have a look here https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89615, or ask there for reupload.

So I have compiled the 3.14 version and it seems to work.
The latest version from git compiles fine but produces some error about sdl when executed and playing a file.

rockbox_2017-05-10maemo1_armel.deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiophile, rockbox