Active Topics

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
As someone who is becoming active in testing packages I have a humble request of developers. Please include a changelog type document at http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/

This might require some changes in the promotion process/website so that their is a place for those files, but it would greatly enhance the testers experience, and would ultimately lead (I think) to better and more directed testing/promotion process.

Regards -- Thor

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
well.. yeah.. I agree with you. Currently I'm posting the changelog's last entry as a comment there to help testers but this really could be automated... but then there's the other prob: garage/maemo website is really really slow in the past few days... unless there is a obscure reason for this, we could say that our bigger problem now is just small/insuficient infrastructure...or smtg..

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
+1

Hopefully this will be improved in the future, since the changelog will be automatically imported into the application page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
On an applications package page, there should be a link to a changelog, so that users can follow the changes between versions and choose whether they want to upgrade. I would like to be able to decide whether I want to upgrade to a new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to akincisor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I would want a changelog for every update on any repo. I want to see what has changed! It's interesting damnit!

The Following User Says Thank You to Cernunnos For This Useful Post: