Active Topics

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by i.rachita View Post
what has to be modified in this tutorial for a N770? from the release notes I would say that http://repository.maemo.org/stable/2.2/ directory should be used, am I correct?
That is what I assumed. I have tried 3 times now, and I am sure I am close as I can start scratchbox, start Xephyr but when I try and start the maemo part I just get loads of errors and no working environment.

If anyone knows of a tutorial or walkthrough that works (and preferably contains no assumptions that you know about linux), it would be really handy.

I think in the mean time I will try to install gcc on the device itself, as that seems useful, but I would really like the scratchbox thing to work.

Unless it just doesn't work in a Parallels session of fiesty ubuntu linux on MacOSX?

OK, After another try I was about to give up, then I thought I would file as a bug that the instructions dont work, then there was a link to somewhere else:

http://www.ptlug.org/wiki/Howto_Inst..._for_Nokia_770

Those instructions actually work and now I am up and running!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Dresden, Germany
Hello All!

I have also used the instructions from the previous post and installed everything successful. But when I run applications under SDK_PC in either Xephyr or Xnest, the keyboard behaves really strange:
1) big enter button on hardware keyboard doesn't make carriage return but hides/unhides the virtual keyboard. Enter button from the NumPad works normally, but it is a bit cumbersome to use it instead of big one.
2) If I switch from Xephyr to any other application with Alt-Tab on the hardware keyboard and than back to Xephyr, the physical keyboard stops to enter letters completely. Even worse, the backspace button on the virtual keyboard stops deleting symbol by symbol but delete something like a word at once. Other buttons also behave strange. To make the things work back I have to do af-sb-init.sh stop and start it again.

Does anybody else faced with such problems? Were they discussed somewhere? I've googled a bit but with no success.

WBR,

alexib

Originally Posted by alexib View Post
But when I run applications under SDK_PC in either Xephyr or Xnest, the keyboard behaves really strange:
1) big enter button on hardware keyboard doesn't make carriage return but hides/unhides the virtual keyboard. Enter button from the NumPad works normally, but it is a bit cumbersome to use it instead of big one.
The center button on the 770 is the return key, and this is what it does, so it is the correct behaviour.

I would think it is better to test with the virtual keyboard anyway, as that is what the software has to do on the device itself.

Originally Posted by alexib View Post
2) If I switch from Xephyr to any other application with Alt-Tab on the hardware keyboard and than back to Xephyr, the physical keyboard stops to enter letters completely.
I know there is a keystroke to reconnect the keyboard - it is listed in the title bar. Can't remember what it is now. something like alt-ctrl.
Have you tried that?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Dresden, Germany
Fantastic! Magic Alt-Ctrl really make the keyboard work again although the keystroke specified in the title bar is Ctrl-Shift (it doesn't help by the way). Thank you, tabletrat!