Active Topics

Says it cant be done, part of needed packages are missing =/

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Sevee_ View Post
Says it cant be done, part of needed packages are missing =/
Then follow the instructions here and you'll find the missing packages, including footify:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel#H...e_Extras-devel

But, keep in mind that Extras-devel is intended for development grade applications. Anything you install from there might be not so good for your device.

Soo, can you tell a bit more about this Extras-devel, how isnt it good etc? And I guess it can be deleted if it does something bad to the device?

Originally Posted by Sevee_ View Post
Soo, can you tell a bit more about this Extras-devel, how isnt it good etc? And I guess it can be deleted if it does something bad to the device?
The link you got is a good starting point.

And you can always disable the repository if you don't want to get anything more from it but that might be a little late if you've installed something already.

Quick update:

Two visits to the ER, worst heat wave in almost 40 years and Mr Lightning coming for a visit leaving me without WiFi for my N900.

Some development can be done and tested on my Linux machine but nothing of it gets to the N900 before I've got WiFi again.

So, not dead, only ... resting.

footify has been entered into the Coding Competition and voting has started.

Please vote for footify at the top of the thread if you think it deserves your vote:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=763679

I hope that all is well and that you can continue to work on footify soon. would be a shame if footify would die a silent death