Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
So you have sound?

Yes, nice and crisp. No problems there. Intro played out ok, I have not tried galivanting around yet but it works fast enough (loading takes time though but that is to be expected). I have ordered a bt keyboard but for the moment xkbd will have to do. I have created a palladin character so far. I will keep on going.

Okay, then i'll focus on 800x480 interface and the right click.

great, i also have a copy of gemrb running on my pc with exactly the same game data for comparison. cant wait for an update.

Bundyo, I have built a svn version as this fixes the pupnik reported issues with mage and sorceror creation. It can be downloaded from http://spirytusick.pwp.blueyonder.co....3.0_armel.deb

should work against your openal but just in case it was build against http://spirytusick.pwp.blueyonder.co....8-1_armel.deb

@spirytsick, 0.3.0 already fixes that (or at least I didn't encounter it

sorry bundyo, it's called 0.3.0 but in fact this is an svn build. The one you posted before still does not work. try creating a mage or sorceror. Other classes worked ok with your 0.3.0. All i did was to check out current source from svn and rebuild it under scratchbox. no other changes were made (apart from -Werror and setting python right). Btw, pupnik managed to get the sound working, it seems that his libasound2 was corrupted (or just heavy modified), after a vanilla reinstall it started working for him too. Good luck working on 800x480 and right click emulation. Please keep us posted.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
* For 3.0 they fixed up some serious movement problems, but not all. I have two characters highlighted and click somewhere to move sometimes the character 'behind' another will not move - almost like saying 'ah i'm blocked by other character - giving up!'

* Sometimes sound (spirytsick's build) will get stuttery/echoey after a level load - sometimes it recovers, sometimes not.

* in BG2:SoA I created a sorceror *yay* but he's level 1, not ~10. or whatever a new chara should be in SoA. Leveling up definitely needs implementation!

Woah... How did I miss this? Must buy a larger SD to try...
Just a couple of personal thoughts...
First full screen 800x480 could be too slow to be playable, would it be better to have 400x240 with pixel doubling?
Second.. well... I forgot while I was writing
I can't wait to get another media big enough to try it, I'm not a coder but if there's some testing to do my n800 is at you service (although maybe a keyboard is needed too...)

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Did the project die out with time?

I mean, were there no builds since march?

that's sad, but I guess most of the projects are self-controlled: if the developers loose enthusiasm or find the task too complex, they just give up.

example: anyone remembers the nobounds project?

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!