Active Topics

Is there somewhere a dedicated PyMaemo (sub)forum?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:
No(I didn't find it anywhere), but it would be nice to see something like this somewhere, becouse the support of python(like tutorial etc.) is pretty small..

The Following User Says Thank You to firethroat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Yeah, I would like to see a dedicated subforum as well. It would be nice to be able ask a question where it won't get lost in the noise of the other forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Can you get this guy to respond to the fact that his part one python tutorial links don't work?
http://www.themaemo.com/#if%20Statements
My comment alerting him got ignored.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
There is a PyMaemo mailing list, FWIW:

https://garage.maemo.org/mailman/lis...emo-developers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
I checked the mailing list, but the amount of threads is a small percentage of what's found in the forum, so I still think a subforum would be needed.

What's the "official" way to ask for this?
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
I checked the mailing list, but the amount of threads is a small percentage of what's found in the forum, so I still think a subforum would be needed.
Well, the PyMaemo subforum here has 0 posts, so the mailing list wins. The developers and maintainers - as well as the Python application experts - are on the mailing list. The only way to get more discussion there is to start discussing there.

It's a chicken and egg problem ;-)

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Well, the PyMaemo subforum here has 0 posts, so the mailing list wins.
You mean the not-yet-existent subforum? sure

The developers and maintainers - as well as the Python application experts - are on the mailing list.
And what exactly are they doing there?
There were about a dozen threads there in the last two months.
I think a forum is much better medium; there are more visitors here, it's easier to search. Not even the mailing list itself is easy to find btw...

It's a chicken and egg problem ;-)
True...
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
And what exactly are they doing there?
...waiting to answer your questions ;-p

There were about a dozen threads there in the last two months.
So, create more ;-)

I think a forum is much better medium; there are more visitors here, it's easier to search. Not even the mailing list itself is easy to find btw...
A lot of very busy technical folk find fora very difficult to follow well; but to answer your question - to get it official, ask in the Community/Website section and possibly demonstrate that there are a lot of Python-specific threads by ensuring everything is tagged well.

Personally, I'd argue the number of development questions which are PyMaemo specific are actually quite small; and that a good sticky or two at the top of the Development forum with committed maintainers linking to tag searches which are well managed would do a lot of good. See the Alternatives section for an example.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manaus, Brazil
Personally, I'd argue the number of development questions which are PyMaemo specific are actually quite small; and that a good sticky or two at the top of the Development forum with committed maintainers linking to tag searches which are well managed would do a lot of good. See the Alternatives section for an example.
Is it possible to tag threads after they have been created? If so, I would be interested on doing this.

Tags
python