Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Type 'ls' and check if it's in your current directory?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ah, ok, so you still have the "crazy mouse" problem. That's always been the blocker before. Without a fix for "crazy mouse" this is just a curiosity.
Looking at the crazy mouse in windows it seems like there is a mismatch between what type of data the mousedriver in N900 sends and what type dosbox is expecting.
N900 probably sends screenpositions while dosbox interprets them as mouseticks.

-I think this should be very easy to fix by the dosbox mantainers, just convert the screenpositions to mousemovements.

I think that the absolute easiest way to do it would be to set up two variables for X-old and Y-old and then subtract the new X and Y from N900 with the old values, giving the mouse-ticks that Dosbox wants as a result. and then store the new X and Y as old X and Y to the next mouseread.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Any fix for the mouse?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Harkema
seems to work fine but when i boot windows 95 it gives me a display error and it says:

there is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type is incorrect, or the current settings do not work with your hardware

plz help

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Actually win95 runs one of my fav games. How can i install it here? I have a CD or i think i can download an image or *.exe installing file.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Harkema
my windows 95 will boot but when i play minesweeper its getting stuck :S
what to do??
plz help
Thx 4 Reply's

AFAIK last release of maemo dosbox contain fix for mouse, but need to be enabled separately - You need to download special tablet-mouse driver, then enable it in windows .ini file. then, mouse works like a charm on 3.1 or 95 Check dosbox thread for more details.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by PCJ View Post
So close yet so far.....

"could not extract drive geometry from image"

Any clues as to what thats all about?
i had the same problem actually your and my w95img file is not compitable, download other w95.img file that should work!!

but after getting a (203mb) w95.img file it is damm slow even after 5 min i still did not boot into windows can you confirm what is the size of your .img file plz???

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

It takes a lot of work to get Windows 9x working on DOSBox from scratch.

The "could not extract geometry" error is most likely because the setting for the hard-drive image in the dosbox.conf file are not correct.

The DOSBox harddrive emulation has a fixed maximum amount of cylinders. As a result normal hardrive images can only be 512MB maximum. People that use bigger images use a hack by increasing the sector size. This gives them 2GB images, that is the maximum.
Also DOSBox only supports raw images, as far as I know (so 203MB for the uncompressed image would be incorrect, and indicate a corrupt or incompatible image).

A lot of good (but sadly sometimes slightly outdated) information on dosbox can be found in the vogons forum, including Windows9x guides:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforum.php?f=39

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
the same problem. i cannot run w95 on my n900, because it says

could not extract drive geometry from image.
Use parameter -size bps, spc, hpc, cyl to specify the geometry

C:\>boot -l c
Unable to boot off drive C

I have an 100MB img file.

how can i modify the autoexec?

Tags
nokia n900, windows 95