Active Topics

I'm a little lost. I've installed PR 1.2 from flash (as it would not install OTA). All is fine, except that I can't install PyQt bindings.

What I was trying to do: run a simple phonon example (maefart). Python says there is no module named Phonon. I then decided to install python2.5-qt4 (rootsh apt-get install python2.5-qt4) but the system says that python2.5-qt4 is broken:

Depends: python2.5-qt4-assistant (= 4.7-maemo7) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python2.5-qt4-designer (= 4.7-maemo7)but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python2.5-qt4-help (= 4.7-maemo7)but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
This is all happening on the N900 itself. I don't have extra-testing or extras-devel enabled. i do have extras and tools enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I had not payed attention to the part of the first thread that tells about another thread with pr 1.2 support before...But now I can't find it. Is there such a thread?

Edit2: I've found another thread. It seems python-qt4-* is still being ironed out. However, phonon core and gui are working! You just have to install the modules you actually import and not all of it.
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...highlight=pyqt

Last edited by soeiro; 2010-05-29 at 19:33. Reason: New info

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
I'm looking for documentation on how to access the (N900) phone book from PyQt4.
Tried searching, can't find it. None of the modules in the riverbank site ring a bell. Any ideas?
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
There is no contact-enabling functionality in Qt4.5 (even with Qt4.6, you'll need QtMobility classes, not yet available in stable binding form). Until that becomes available, for a more generic (and complex) approach, see http://wiki.maemo.org/PyMaemo/Access...ython_bindings which has an example for accessing address book functionality form python.

@soeiro: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50960 In PR1.2 those Qt modules have been removed so you cannot install the bindings for them, either. If you need PyQt urgently, install PyQt from extras-testing, but it will reach extras in a few days so this will no longer be an issue.

Last edited by attila77; 2010-05-30 at 19:03.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
There is no contact-enabling functionality in Qt4.5 (even with Qt4.6, you'll need QtMobility classes, not yet available in stable binding form). Until that becomes available, for a more generic (and complex) approach, see http://wiki.maemo.org/PyMaemo/Access...ython_bindings which has an example for accessing address book functionality form python.

@soeiro: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50960 In PR1.2 those Qt modules have been removed so you cannot install the bindings for them, either. If you need PyQt urgently, install PyQt from extras-testing, but it will reach extras in a few days so this will no longer be an issue.
Qt Mobility classes are for C++ though right? not python.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Even Qt itself is for C++ 'originally', too, but that doesn't stop up from using it through python, java and other languages Ditto for QtMobility - it's just that it's fairly fresh so the bindings have not been made yet.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Even Qt itself is for C++ 'originally', too, but that doesn't stop up from using it through python, java and other languages Ditto for QtMobility - it's just that it's fairly fresh so the bindings have not been made yet.
Right (:
Thank you attila for the info! I enjoy reading your replies they are always so well phrased!

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:

Tags
development, pyqt, pyside, python, qt4