Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
then there is the apple ..... shake a baby app! *tounge in cheek*

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sao Paulo
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
great idea. we can have a prize too if we really wanted.
create a project on a website like http://www.fundable.com/
then we can make it a fortnightly thing with a prize raised by the community here and a vote. even $£€1 from a fraction of the community here will create a good bounty.
I do support the idea...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to igorgomes For This Useful Post:
I like the idea. May even decide to join in if I can think of something. (RSS reader sounded like an excellent Idea..)

If we could find someone trustworthy to hold the money; we could actually build our own "bounty" by providing a paypal address for people to simply send a donation to.. Winner gets the money.

Or.. just everyone "say" how much they'll give the winner.. no guarantee of getting paid with that one though .

(I'd be willing to contribute to the pot)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Good idea.

What kind of time frame should the competition have? I was thinking something like a month. At least I don't have time to code all day long. It could be something like maemo.org June of code.

As for the crowning of the winner(s), council could ask if they can get some kind of sponsored prize. The winner(s) can be decided by a popular vote on this forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
great idea. we can have a prize too if we really wanted.
create a project on a website like http://www.fundable.com/
then we can make it a fortnightly thing with a prize raised by the community here and a vote. even $£€1 from a fraction of the community here will create a good bounty.
Seems like Fundable is dead, check the message at the top.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I would submit 10€ to the pot in every case, and another 20€ to the pot, if one of the participating applications would be a complete, usable "use-your-N900-as-webcam-on-your-linux-and-windows-machine" application.
The winner should be voted by a poll here in this very forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Excellent idea. +++++1.

The Following User Says Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
I think this is one of the best ideas i have read on this forum for a long time. i am from a games design back ground but have very little c++ and qt experiance. i would love to share my knoledge on games design and gain some knoledge on c++ and qt.

there is a confressing website which is doing free trials on profesional signup for a while maybe this would be suitable for the online class room.
it is called www.dimdim.com/

if you need any help with this private me and i am happy to help.

At the least i will enter an app probaly crap tho as im finding interfacing with the touch screen a pain in the bumbum because its acting like a mouse (with pointer icons) and i thoufght it would be more like a touch api (with no pointer icons). any hints would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Stock market widget is something i want badly(OMXH included there).

I would be happy to give 5 euros to the pot what ever apps there are.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Hey, not sure if this is the thread I should be asking in really..don't hate me for highjacking!

Basically, I'm working on an app at the moment called Fonter in Python and QT but I'm stuck. Anyone with C experience around willing to help me? I posted a thread on the Python-Forum forums HERE.

+1 for the compo

The Following User Says Thank You to Jinux For This Useful Post: