Active Topics

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by Jinux View Post
Hey, not sure if this is the thread I should be asking in really..don't hate me for highjacking!

Basically, I'm working on an app at the moment called Fonter in Python and QT but I'm stuck. Anyone with C experience around willing to help me? I posted a thread on the Python-Forum forums HERE.

+1 for the compo
I've got a bit of experience with CTypes (code-gened API wrappers for one of my companies biggest public APIs).

I don't have time right now, PM me so I don't forget.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
+1

The Gp32x community has been doing gaming competitions for years for open source handhelds, and its produced some great software and a thriving community. Its a great idea an it really does gets some great innovative apps and games made. It works even better if its trumpeted well. Perhaps a well advertised dedicated website for it, prizes of some sort help a lot too. Maybe Nokia could do some sponsoring? I'd run with it!

Last edited by EarthRise; 2010-05-05 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to EarthRise For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
I think this is one of the best ideas i have read on this forum for a long time. i am from a games design back ground but have very little c++ and qt experiance. i would love to share my knoledge on games design and gain some knoledge on c++ and qt.
Cool man, I'm the opposite, experience with c++ and qt, but never wrote a real game. I've been thinking about doing a picross/nonogram game.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
wow i'm behind the times, sorry had a busy few weeks - to do pull my finger in a weekend will be interesting! - might need a few weeks warning to pull it off so to speak
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
forgot to mention, i'm actually quite happy to donate for a prize ... obviously it's an open area, so its up to you lot - but i'm thinking a programming book in the language of the persons choice - (About £20-30).

Anyway - its just a thought
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Seems like Fundable is dead, check the message at the top.
Thanks, never noticed that. I guess we would have to use an alternative project site or ask a trusted member here to handle the pot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Great, it looks like there's some genuine interest out there

I say let's throw this thing open and run it til the end of the month (May 30th).

is this something useable for the bounty thing?

https://www.bountysource.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ny-hardcore For This Useful Post:
+1, you got my cash

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
when do we get started? rules, timelines, category? lets do this folks

The Following User Says Thank You to aliirz For This Useful Post: