Notices

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Nice update but still no onscreen display of how soon a turn or exit is coming up. Nice to see the arrows but if you're on a highway and it shows up 10 seconds or so before the exit and you're speeding along in the left lane, that's a problem. :-/
Agreed. That's why I changed to ModRana a while back. It's adjustable, and the default is much more sane. Plus it doesn't bug you ever 5 minutes about how long it is until the turn.

Hi, I am a newbie. My Internal GPS doesn't seem to work. I have tried opening Nokia Ovi maps through 3G connection, but the maps are not updating. Can some one please help me in this regard? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by kunalapavan View Post
Hi, I am a newbie. My Internal GPS doesn't seem to work. I have tried opening Nokia Ovi maps through 3G connection, but the maps are not updating. Can some one please help me in this regard? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried downloading the maps through Nokia Suite?

Do you get any gps signal at all? Whilst keeping Nokia Maps open, go back to the homescreen, and tap the status menu. What does "Location" say under it? If you tap Location, have you enabled network positioning?

...My Internal GPS doesn't seem to work...
Try installing GPSJinni from the repos, go outside and run it. Give it a little time and it should show you some satellites.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi
Is it possible to make OM Extra Features Voice guidance less strict?
Having tried it a bit out, the voice nav works only if I'm perfect on the road. If I'm not exactly on the road the command is not played.
What's more, sometimes OM suggests wrong way. If user drives lawfully, the instructions aren't spoken at all.
thx in advance

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just blame Nokia to give us full maps navigation (as promised for their flagships )!

blaizzen already announced, that this point will need more development:
If you are (or get yourself) into HTML programming, you are welcome to continue this last open point ...

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Just blame Nokia to give us full maps navigation (as promised for their flagships )!

blaizzen already announced, that this point will need more development:
If you are (or get yourself) into HTML programming, you are welcome to continue this last open point ...
Unfortunalety I'm not very good at JS/HTML. I did create some easy program, but it was a long time ago. I may have JS at school on IT next year, I'll try to convince my teacher to do JS extensively. (Palm Pre apps are still waiting to be run on N900 )

Me and TransTech are looking for some people who are good at JS as we don't know it well.

I've got an idea anyway, a conception.
An approximate direction against the road you're running. If you're not perfectly on the road, but you're in the direction it's a good situation and ovi maps talks then.

if you get away from the road and get back (e.g. parking) the direction is preserved and it's still the opportunity for the voice guide to be spoken.

Guide'd be spoken relatively to the direction

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
you may want to consider getting the NOKIA LD-3W LD3W bluetooth receiver; I got one from the ebay,,it is not expensive(less than $40 shipped for me). It works very well, locks on/gives me position all most right away(under 30secs).

The Following User Says Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
can someone help-me with config for this voice http://static.s2g.gate5.de/maploadervoice/romanian.zip , i tried to modify that like the english one , but without succes , wen i test in omserver no sound...any help is appreciated , thank you guys

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
3. rename (or create symlinks) these files so they all have .wav extensions. You can do this quickly by run this in this english_male folder: for f in *; do mv $f $f.wav; done
i am sorry. i am really a newbie. please elaborate the above quote. How do we about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to rohaizad1972 For This Useful Post: